Heads up - Paul Kirtley blog

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

barryasmith

Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Hi all,

I thought I'd share with you a great resource which will be worth watching over the coming months.

Some of you may have come across Paul Kirtley who worked for Woodlore as Ray Mears course director. As well as being responsible for the programme Paul lead many of their courses until autumn last year when he moved on to pursue new interests.

Paul is an extremely knowledgeable outdoorsman and tutor of bushcraft. There aren't many people around that would fail to learn something from him.

So whats the resource then? Well, Paul has just started to write his own blog with a series of articles/guides on the subject of bushcraft and survival. There's not loads on there yet, but the articles that he has posted are well written and informative.

Its a free resource and from talking to Paul I know he's happy to receive suggestions on subjects that he might cover in his work.

He's far too polite to get into self promotion so I thought I would do a bit for him and let everyone on BCUK benefit from it. Have a look and subscribe here:

www.paulkirtley.co.uk

Regards

Barry

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
His blog is excellent... there are a few threads discussing it and you are right, it needs promoting as it is a great resource.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
As JD says... it's an excellent site that's going to grow in to a very useful resource.

His latest entry about survival kits is very well informative and well worth reading.

Paul K

Tenderfoot
Apr 29, 2003
In the woods
Though his Facebook promotion must be costing him an arm and a leg!

:) Lurch there's a difference between self-promotion and advertising! :) You're right, it's not cheap - and I value my limbs - so I ran a couple of ads for a few days to let people know my blog was up...the rest has been word of mouth.

On that note - thanks to everyone for all your kind support. To re-iterate what Barry mentioned above; if there's anything you want to see covered on my blog, let me know.

By the way, Lurch I really like your website - smart use of Wordpress. Very clean design and good functionality. Nice work!

All the best

Paul

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Excellent blog Paul, i still have a survival tin kit i made about 23 yrs ago,however i feel the plasters and pain tablets will be a little out of date.Cheers

Thanks for the heads up Barry

Darren

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE