Heads up: men's & women's down gilet - field and trek 50% off

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
They also have the jacket at a tenner extra, they do look a bit thin when you first see them in the shops but they fluff up after a couple of weeks wear, maybe they are stored compressed or something ?

S

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
They also have the jacket at a tenner extra, they do look a bit thin when you first see them in the shops but they fluff up after a couple of weeks wear, maybe they are stored compressed or something ?

S

Do you have experience of wearing this jacket? If so, how does it perform?

Best Wishes
David

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Do you have experience of wearing this jacket? If so, how does it perform?

Best Wishes
David

Hi,

It is v warm for what is essentially a small weight, small packing jacket. It has a good athletic fit and doesn't place any restrictions on arm or trunk movement, works fine on top of a Lifa top. :)

I've also used it down to just below zero in conjunction with an very old and thin sprayway fleece jumper underneath and it kept me well warm. As for sizing I got a medium and that's what I normally get so they seem to have got the sizing OK.

The zips on the pockets need a little "zizzing" up and down when you first get the jacket to make them move smoothly, the zip on the front is OK. The inside pockets are deep but not zipped. Come with a stuffbag made of I think the same lightweight material as the jacket. Packed normally into the fullsize of the stuffbag it is 25cm long by 11cm Dia, it can be easily squashed down to about 12cm long by 11cm Dia no problem for packing.

The only bad point is that it looks a bit "Sci Fi / Bondage Shop on the Kings Road", it still look as new though after 4 months intermittent wear.

Anyway, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words here's a snap;

FujiFinepix32MP211_zps323c61b2.jpg

Cheers :cool:

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thank you so much for the detailed reply.

I'm a 42 inch chest and am right on the borderline between Medium and Large, dependent upon manufacturer - based on your own sizing, would you mind me asking if a large or medium might be more suitable?

TIA

Best Wishes
David

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Hi David,

I measured it up last night and the dimensions are

Pit to Pit 59 cm
Arm from pit to end of sleeve 54cm
Collar to base of spine ( ata rear of jckt) 65cm

It also fits in a pod XXS stuffsack.

FujiFinepix32MP210_zpsd8e5574f.jpg

Cheers

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Thanks for the info - it seems as though Large will therefore be the appropriate size for me. Just ordered one from Field & Trek.

Many thanks also from the OP for the heads-up.

Best Wishes
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE