Heads up : K&M matchcases

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
I'd check that they have fixed their webshop... I tried ordering one a few weeks back and they tried to charge me £2000 each... my card company rejected it thankfully...

Pete

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Erm - I think I will stick with a busted file, a bit of flint and some thistledown/charcloth/crampball tinder.
These matches sound too expensive to look after - my kit stays good in a leather pouch!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
They are a very good design.

Double "O" ring sealed, built in Suunto compass, safety cover, lanyard etc.

I got some nice US "strike anywheres" to fill mine with.

Sadly mine will have to go in my imminent clear out of kit so keep an eye on the members classifieds those who want one!

1372150931_eac0ccf2b5.jpg

Red

Miggers

Forager
Dec 31, 2006
Oxford
I just checked my Gmail they were aware of the problem on July 18th! Hope you get your refund sorted soon...

Happy to forward the email if its any help?

Best, Pete

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've got two of these. One is EDC and the other is in my response pack. They are top bits of kit.

I prefer my brass one, it's heavier but I can strike the match on the knurling which I can't with the painted one.

Pocket-1.jpg
Pocket-2.jpg

Mine is wrapped with inner tube for extra security and it can also be used as a fire lighter if needed.

I use flint and steel all the time with my work, I don't feel the need to prove myself when I want to get a fire going so matches are fine by me.

I do make it a personal rule that a fire should light with just one match with no fuss and bother though.

I have e-mailed Keith and Marge (K&M) and they have been racing around trying to sort this out, apparently this has been happening for a while but everyone elses card company has rejected the payment and so the problem was not brought to light. I bank with HSBC and never spend more than about £60 at a time on my card so you would of thought some alarm bells would of rung, but any way keith has refunded my money and asked me to resend the payment promising me a free matchcase with my order so lets hope some good comes of this for everyone.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
The entertainment of a website. I am glad Keith has sorted out those charges. I am also glad he is getting his site going.

I can say that when I was assisting Keith with these the international money transfers were always the hardest.

Good luck with the cases....Keith is a standup fellow and his cottage industry is one I am proud to support.

I thought i would just update this thread with the news that i have had my refund.

Keith and marge were very helpfull and kept me up to date with the progress, but unfortunately they still seem to be having problems with international ordering on their website, They have someone looking at the problem and hope to have it sorted soon..

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Does anyone know if the international order bit of the website is fully functioning now? I've had some trouble convincing the computer that my credit card details are correct...

I had a package put through my door on monday containing two matchcases that keith and marge sent me free of charge because of all the hassle, they have even engraved one of them with a message for me, all i can say is they are well worth the wait, to say i was gobsmacked with the engraving would be an understatement.

I asked about the troubles with the website and have been assured that it is now running fine and that some international orders had allready gone through with no problems at all.

http://www.kmmatchcase.com/

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Does anyone know if the international order bit of the website is fully functioning now? I've had some trouble convincing the computer that my credit card details are correct...

Yes, I've just received mine no problem. Credit card payment went through fine and it's a damn good product. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE