Heads Up: Cheap Food Dehydrator - £ 26.00

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Tchibo, for one week are doing a food dehydrator for £ 26.00. The offer starts on Wednesday.

http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTE...ayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=0000618

It comes with a three year guarantee and they give full cash refunds on any item you don't like, even if you used it (at least they do for SWMBO :D ).

I know we've had a food dehydrator thread before, I think it was the QVC model. This one, I believe is the same, but you can pick it up in store as well as having it sent to you.

I'm going to get one and I thought some of you might be interested in it too.

kw03_0618_detail.jpg

I've no connection with this store in any way shape or form, etc, etc.

Reactions: Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice one on the link :You_Rock_

It's a really good bit of kit, though I reckon since we got it that HWMBLT is munching his way through about half a stone of apples a fortnight :rolleyes:
Pears are glorious done in it and the bananas are delicious.

Cheers,
Toddy

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I've made a lot of pasta sauce leathers in mine, pluse minced beef recently, works really well, and you half way to a good pasta meal :)

Thanks for the heads up, if you don't have a drier, get one, they are well worth it

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Yes, how do you do the leathers? I'm interested.

I'll also be interested to see if this machine is any good for beef jerky.

Back in the 80s when living on a survival farm we had a home made dehydrator and it was lots of fun drying stuff in it. I loved the dried fruits, don't think we ever got round to actually storing very much of it. :rolleyes:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My brother bought one too and we use his for meats and mine for fruits. HWMBLT has done venison, pork and turkey in it and was well pleased with the results.
I can't say we've been storing much of the fruit either :rolleyes: :eek: (I've just munched my way through an entire punnet of pears in a day, but they are delicious. Dried they only loosely filled a small coffee jar)

Cheers,
Toddy

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Rebel said:
Tchibo, for one week are doing a food dehydrator for £ 26.00. The offer starts on Wednesday.

http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTE...ayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=0000618

It comes with a three year guarantee and they give full cash refunds on any item you don't like, even if you used it (at least they do for SWMBO :D ).

I know we've had a food dehydrator thread before, I think it was the QVC model. This one, I believe is the same, but you can pick it up in store as well as having it sent to you.

I'm going to get one and I thought some of you might be interested in it too.

kw03_0618_detail.jpg

I've no connection with this store in any way shape or form, etc, etc.

just come back from a 75 mile round trip to my nearest store to be told sorry we're not getting these here and no we can't order you one :(

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The Wife ordered us one on line yesterday with some offer for free shipping. 'Just had a message confirming dispatch which is suspiciously fast since it then says allow 14 days for delivery. Will let you know when it arrives.

ATB

Tom

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
QDanT said:
just come back from a 75 mile round trip to my nearest store to be told sorry we're not getting these here and no we can't order you one :(

Bummer. I didn't manage to get one either. I rang my local store, they didn't ever get any in stock and the Website is sold out.

I reckon they must have had a problem with their supplier and couldn't get enough stock, I can't imagine there being a rush on dehydrators, especially at this time of year.

I'm sure they'll do the offer again. I think I'm going to write and complain just to help them know there's a demand for them.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It's well worth £26. I paid just over 30 and am very pleased with it.
Pity the offer seems to have been so limited, but I think you're right to complain; if no one complains or objects then nothing changes.

atb,
Toddy

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I know this probably doesn't help but they still have them in Germany (www.tchibo.de) for €34.90.

Mine arrived today and is now working on some bananas! I'm really impressed for the price - I'm hoping to do mainly fungi and herbs in it this summer/autumn.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE