Heads up - cheap coleman fuel at GSF

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
Attention all liquid fuel stove owners - German and Swedish car parts are selling 5 litres of brake cleaner for £7 or so. Its Naptha - a.k.a Coleman fuel, but at a fifth of the cost. Are Coleman taking the proverbial? Me thinks so.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I got 4 litres [?] cant remember of aspen 4 from a lawnmower place for my primus omnifuel.

Without researching the whole subject again, is this stuff as clean, as coleman fuel/aspen 4 then?

Thanks.

If its too good to be true, it normally is, isnt it?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
"The product contains a special blend of degreasing solvents..." I'd like to know a bit more about these before trying it!

fredster

Forager
Oct 16, 2009
Ipswich, Suffolk
This is the one I refer to:

and here's the 'ingredients':

I ran my MSR Whisperlite on it for 10 mins yesterday. It burns very clean and blue. There was a very thin layer of soot underneath the 'burner cup' from the yellow priming flame, but it was a miniscule amount of soot compared to the unleaded I usually use (I know, I know...).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE