Heads up BARGAIN PODSAC STUFF

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Interesting, I wonder if they are going to be discontinued? I've been issued PODSAC's for about the last 15 years on MR but I don't think we can get them anymore.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I posted a headsup about the Millets offers a week or two ago http://www.millets.co.uk/s:pod/?search=pod, and was very pleased at the prices (and the quality), since they were cheaper than the Podsac website at the time, and you could pick them up for free from your local Millets/Blacks shop. Now the deals have improved on the Podsac website, temptation is back!

However, compare the two websites first. I got a 15L (Large) Ultralite drybag for £4.50 from Millets. The same sack is available (in different/more colours) for £5.99 from Podsac, and I got a POD raincover for the same price from a deal posted on OM a month ago. On the other hand, the stuff sacks seem a little cheaper, and the rucksacks seem about the same price. There is certainly more choice on the Podsac website.

I'm really tempted by the 40L Alpine pack or the Cragsacks, but they are going to have to come down a bit to justify them to my wife!

Interesting, I wonder if they are going to be discontinued? I've been issued PODSAC's for about the last 15 years on MR but I don't think we can get them anymore.

Podsac used to be owned by the group which includes RAB, but when the group bought Lowe Alpine last year (thank goodness), Podsac was a bit surplus to requirements. They were sold to a bike kit group called Planet X (apparently the bike luggage equivalent of Alpkit), and they are revamping the range, hence the selloff. The story is here: http://www.outdoorsmagic.com/gear-news/podsacs-alive-and-kicking-with-new-owner/12289.html

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE