Heads up about tool set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow
Just a warning to anyone planning on buying this set of carving chisels:
http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tool...g-tools---sets/DKWK13/6-piece-woodcarving-set
My set arrived in the post over the weekend and two of the six chisels had quite severe rust on them.
I immediately emailed the supplier asking for a replacement set and was told I could have a replacement but it might be June before they got them in.
The alternative was to clean them chisels up myself with some wire wool and oil, and accept a £6 discount, so I went with that.
The sales advisor told me they'd had a few similar complaints about tools from the same batch from their supplier.
It's not a lot of money, I know, but just thought I'd warn you guys.

Steve

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....The sales advisor told me they'd had a few similar complaints about tools from the same batch from their supplier......

really? surely that's got to be contrary to some kind of legislation, knowingly mis-selling goods has to have some kind of consequence doesn't it?

red devil

Forager
Dec 1, 2010
South of Glasgow
Sorry to read about that problem, not a good thing to stat with but you got a decent result. On a side note, these look pretty sweet:

http://www.rutlands.co.uk/hand-tool...ols---sets/DKSA1/miniature-chisels---set-of-7

Yeah, I thought that but to be honest I'm disappointed with them, not just because of the rust but also the size - they're really quite small and are certainly no use for the removal of large amounts of wood. Ah well, live and learn - I'll be more careful checking the blade sizes in future.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE