Head Torch-Best for the Money

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
I have a few head torches and my favourites are MY Petzl E+Lite and awesome small and light head torch certainly punches very high above its weight and the Petzl Myo XP also an awesome head torch, but I do really like the look of the Gamma ;) so I may have to spend out on one of them when I get paid :)

my only slight problem is that in my job AAA are next to impossible to get hold of we work with lots of AA's hence the Myo (best headtorch working off AA) and the E+Lite batteries are so small and light you can carry loads for very little weight :)

one the light colours;

Red - Night vision
Green - Night vision and map reading (to show contours)
Blue - blood and bodily fluids
White - Normal vision but affects natural night vision
IR - (Infra red) Used only with night vision devices, invisible to natural eyesight

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
my only slight problem is that in my job AAA are next to impossible to get hold of we work with lots of AA's hence the Myo (best headtorch working off AA) and the E+Lite batteries are so small and light you can carry loads for very little weight :)

I was thinking about this on the way in , there is alot of my kit that is AA and i have taken to the rechargeable route and tried to 'standardize' most of my kit.
But every now and then i get my mitts on something that use's AAA and ruins my best efforts. I wish 'they' could go one way or the other.

Just a bit of a Rant really.

SO ( after a bit of impromptu Google-Fu ) does anyone know if these convertors are any good???

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3657~r.24492410

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE