Hazel Serving Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
To go with my new Willow Bowl, i of course, needed a new spoon, so i made one up this afternoon from a piece of Hazel I've had hanging around for a few weeks.

DSCN6625.jpg

DSCN6631.jpg

The spoon is approx 10 inches in length and unusually features some great grain and ray patterns for Hazel, having started this to be a companion for the Willow bowl, i elected, mainly because of the patterns in the wood to make a serving spoon from it instead, unfortunately, the pictures dont show the grain patterns that well, the small piece of inner bark on the underside of the bowl, is also no longer there.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
nice m8....when i finally get round to doing some carving i'm gonna nag you senseless for advice lol!

lovely clean work....the bowls too!

a

Well you are only just over the border from me i think, so gis a shout and perhaps you can head East or i can head West and we can do some carving

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
m8 i may well take you up on that ta....and as for the kettle...its always hot...i live on caffeine and sugar...

in fact when my missus got in tonight she had a go at me for not eating anything since last night lolol.....dammit theres just too much to learn....too much to do....shes currently lurking in the kitchen ready to ambush me with a moussaka i believe...i'm out in my den filing a monster firesteel i'm capping with buffalo horn....lol...boys with toys eh?

a

ps the lil mans given the go ahead re his bean bag! toot toot!

pps you at the wilderness gathering?

Well you are only just over the border from me i think, so gis a shout and perhaps you can head East or i can head West and we can do some carving

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
m8 i may well take you up on that ta....and as for the kettle...its always hot...i live on caffeine and sugar...

in fact when my missus got in tonight she had a go at me for not eating anything since last night lolol.....dammit theres just too much to learn....too much to do....shes currently lurking in the kitchen ready to ambush me with a moussaka i believe...i'm out in my den filing a monster firesteel i'm capping with buffalo horn....lol...boys with toys eh?

a

ps the lil mans given the go ahead re his bean bag! toot toot!

pps you at the wilderness gathering?

Excellent news re the Thomas Bean Bag:bigok:

Anytime you want to spend some time in the woods, give me a shout, appreciate there is a bit of travelling for both of us, but you are also more than welcome to jopin us on our weekly bimble if you can get over this way or if you dont mind us coming over to your part of the world.

Not going to the Wilderness Gathering im afraid

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE