Haytor two nighter... (pic very heavy!!)

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Guy's, well i am obviously snap happy now, i did warn you! An impromptu gathering at a regular spot, a few of my old pal's from over the bridge (Cornwall) had a free weekend, and as it had been way too long, we had a meet.

The pics are pretty self explanatory, but all questions, comments and abuse are always welcome.

Friday night was very windy and the temperature dropped to minus 1, so cold in fact, that someone wrote retard on my car windscreen,and it took me half an hour to lick it off!

Anyway enjoy the photo's and i will add some more nonsense and incriminating comments later.

Ivan...

1st weekend in February in the woods 001.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 002.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 003.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 004.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 005.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 006.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 007.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 008.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 009.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 010.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 011.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 012.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 015.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 018.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 019.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 020.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 021.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 023.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 024.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 025.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 026.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 027.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 028.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 029.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 030.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 031.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 032.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 033.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 034.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 035.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 036.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 037.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 038.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 039.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 040.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 041.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 043.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 046.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 047.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 013.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 014.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 016.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 017.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 022.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 044.jpg1st weekend in February in the woods 045.jpg

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi Jag, enough prepared delicious beef casserole, for the masses, and boy was it good! Had not seen some of the boys since last year's Cornwall RV, but things fell into place nicely,and apart from a brisk wind, which we guarded against, we were very lucky with the weather.

Lot's of gathering firewood,carving,food prep and most of important of all,relaxing in the environment we all love.

Ivan...

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
That looks like a great time away n chinwag. Two things though, those axes need some dirt on em and your mates got that rifle back to front :)

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Great pics mate. I did notice a lack of beer cans around though. Did the cleaner arrive early in the morning as usual?
Nice to see the green man hasn't been buried just yet too.

Looking forward to this weekend so keep some firewood for us and I'll bring the wet stuff!

skate

Nomad
Apr 13, 2010
East Devon
Dwardo, how very dare you :p That rifle has an ambidextrous stock as I'm left handed and don't mind the common right handers having a go. Great weekend which ended all to soon. Axes were brand new and having there first outing I think. That froe was a lovely bit of kit. He nearly left it behind but like a fool I reminded him. Looking forward to the next one.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Great Pictures showing the camp and fellowship. I really like seeing the froe in use and the handy camp gadgets that were lashed together about your camp. The general camp admin reminds me a bit of my days as a youth in scouts, many years ago. goodjob Great to see the riflery as a part of camp events!

Last edited:

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks, everyone for the kind comments/feedback.

Next on my wish list is a froe, brilliant and safe way to split logs.

Yeah Richie,you know me and camp tidy, re the drinking vessels, but a certain camp fairy was actually up before me and did the good deed! Looking forward to the coming weekend, and camp lubricant much appreciated.

The fire crane was Skates, brilliant and simple bit of kit,easily adjustable, but required support at the other end,because sheer weight of two full dutch ovens.

Karl, just a PM away pal, whenever time allows, would be great to catch up again, bring a bunch if you like.

Ivan...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE