Have you got some............?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Noticed a couple of threads lately were people have offered to post out local resources, and a couple of the things are really common around me. If I had known people wanted them I would have posted some stuff out, I am thinking of the razorstrop fungus and bullrush in particular. But around here we get no flint, apart from worn rounded bits on drives, or horses hoof.

Thought I would start a thread so people could let others know what they want, or have have to offer. I am thinking more of natural resources rather than bought stuff. Thought best way to do it was post an offer or or a want and name the item. The only cost involved really would be postage, but that could be classed as "paying it forward".

I'll start;
Offer;.....
Razorstrop fungus
Bullrush
Birch Bark, firelighting quality rather than for making stuff.
Some Artist conk, not good enough quality for artwork but good for embers and playing with.

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Filnt!!...were up to our necks in it down here, send a tipper truck and I will fill it for you.

Seriously, if you want some just shout. :aargh4:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Now this is a good thread :You_Rock_
You have rep :)

I can offer fomes fomentaria, though there are quite a lot of small ones just now; the huge ones are just too high up :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I've been sending out stuff over the last few months from local resources, fomes, antler, old mans beard lichen, and it is very satisfying to help people out. Perhaps what we need is a permanent list of people who are willing to do this and what it is they have to offer, a sort of Who's Who of Bustcraft Resources. When you needed something you could look up the list, PM them and take it from there. As some of this stuff can be heavy it would be nice to offer to refund postage. What do you think? :)

chrisanson

Nomad
Apr 12, 2006
Dudley
all that I can realistically offer on a long-term basis are my skills. I don’t have that much access to natural resources but if I can help in any way please feel free to ask.
Chris

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Flints easy here - I have one order for some firelighting sized pieces and planned to strike shards from some lovely black nodules I have today. However we went shooting instead! I'll try to get some done next week

Red

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I'm ok for flint at the minute, I have collected pieces from meets when people have been banging rocks together, never heard a good tune played on them as yet but grooveski seemed to be really trying! I just used it as an example of type of thing that some areas have a glut of and others it is a rarity.

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i will have a look maybe today for some bullrush, i am sure i have seen some down here, if i can find some who wants them, i cant get loads maybe enough for two people
leon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE