Have I made a mistake?

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Its my day off work today and I have found myself surfing the internet looking at sharps.

I found this knife on Heinnie's website and thought it seemed like a good deal.

http://www.heinnie.com/Knives/Spyderco-Knives/Spyderco-Tenacious/p-92-191-3559/

I have herd alot of people speak positivley about spyderco knives so I bought it and took the plunge.

Has anyone else used one of these? what are they like?

Last edited:

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have a Spyderco Tenacious with a plain edge. It is very sharp and has remained sharp after several bushcrafty courses and whittling various trap sticks, feather sticks and any other knife chores that I didn't use my Woody clone on. The Tenacious is a real good deal for a well made, sturdy, sharp blade. You'll not be disappointed. Another thing, I have an expensive Spydie model called a Paramilitary and I much prefer the design and quality of the Tenacious at a third the price!

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
I bought a Tenacious a couple of months ago after looking at all the other options in the same category (price, materials etc.) and have been very happy :) haven't regretted it once, great knife for the money

Last edited:

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Brilliant knife for the money, though I don't go for serrated myself. It is not that comfortable in extended use compared to a fixed blade with a shaped handle, but it is a cracking utility folder that will take a real beating. The big advantage is IMO that it is such good value you don't have to be too careful with it. I have one on me whenever I am out and about in the woods. Good choice!!

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
You can't go wrong with a Tenacious, great knives that seriously punch above their weight.
The steel takes a good edge, holds it well, and the open frame design means it's easy to clean.
You can use it for extended periods without fatigue due to the excellent ergonomics, and it won't break the bank.
I've used one for years, only recently has it been replaced by a Manix. Still a Go-To knife of choice though.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I was actually looking at the resilience!
It was a toss up between the two but I thought the smaller size of the tenacious would be a better fit in my pockets and the resilience was also out of stock so that helped in my decision. I also thought that the resilience would be abit too big and aggressivee looking for everyday carry; leading to grief from sheeple!

I was actually looking at the resilience!
It was a toss up between the two but I thought the smaller size of the tenacious would be a better fit in my pockets and the resilience was also out of stock so that helped in my decision. I also thought that the resilience would be abit too big and aggressivee looking for everyday carry; leading to grief from sheeple!

to the sheeple they will looks the same and as they both lock they arnt EDC so if you have reason to carry one you can carry either ;)

I had the persistence a while back which was nice but the pocket clip was annoying the resilience the pocket clip actually helps in a comfy grip ( nearly fell of my perch as i had the torx out to take it off before i opened the box :D)

I think any of the 4 knives in this range are a good safe bet at a sensible price (unlike most of the Spydy range)
i like the long thin blade for a folding camp cook knife good for slicing bread and cutting food that a 3" EDC hasnt got the length to do easily

ATB

Duncan

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I also thought that the resilience would be a bit too big and aggressive looking for everyday carry; leading to grief from sheeple!
Since the Tenacious locks, you fall foul of S139 of the CJA.
You'll need a good reason if you want to carry it EDC.
To be able to carry without a good reason, you need a blade with a cutting edge of 3" and no lock.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
I think I may give the resilience a try next as at £42 I don't think I can go wrong! If in the end I don't like it I can pass it on to someone on the forum.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
it looks nice mate, it will always be worth something if you keep it in good condition so no worries if you decided you don't like it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE