Has anyone received their Allan Blade order?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sikearns

Aug 9, 2005
Glos
Please note, this is not a post intended to 'flame' Allan Blade, who, I believe, offers outstanding craftsmanship for a fantastic price.

That over, I placed an order on 26 August 2005 (prior to his cut-off date to deal with a back-log) and have not heard since. I have sent a few enquiries via email but don't want to pressurise the guy - he only has one pair of hands and I'd rather they be used making knives. So..........is anyone else in the same situation (in which case I'll shut up and wait my turn) or have I been overlooked?

:)

L

Lost_Patrol

I ordered a Scandi packpal in April, but haven't received it yet. I believe that Alan has had a really really bad year (health, family, job etc) and is far behind schedule. I'm happy to wait as long as it takes, as Alan's work is held in very high regard. I don't think that sending emails will help things as he is under considerable pressure already. He has stated that he will catch up on orders before taking new ones, so you will get your knife eventually. In a way he is a victim of his own success, by selling such high quality knives so cheaply.

The wait will make the satisfaction of receiving the knife better in the end :D :D

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
To summarise what's on BB, the last info from Allan was that he'd had pnumonia, but has now finished the blades for all of the knives on backorder, and is putting handles on them.

chrisvreugd

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2005
Netherlands
hy,
im verry interested in allan's craftmans work, where can I see his knives???
and I heard conffusing things about him, can I contact him, and is he still taking orders, or did he quit???
if he is ill, I wish him healt,

greengreetz and a good christmas to you all!!!!1 :rolleyes:

chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE