Has anyone got one of these swiss metal cup and bottle

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Interesting first post.....not so cheap after postage.

Id agree with that on both points, strange how the ebay seller is in Omskirk, which 'coincidentaly' is not that far from Wigan where the Op comes from??????????

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Id agree with that on both points, strange how the ebay seller is in Omskirk, which 'coincidentaly' is not that far from Wigan where the Op comes from??????????

oh such a suspicious mind kepis as if any one would come on this fine forum to try and peddle there wares :rolleyes:

i think the op may have been better starting on the introduction page ;)

not a bad price but with military mart/hoods the price of postage and item combined always puts me off ordering anything plus i once got a belguim bivvy and the repair was shocking had to re do it my self but really the cost of sending it back was nt worth returning it

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
Ive had one of these for a while now. Good sturdy bottle (you dont need to take the top off to drink from it either as it has a flip up bit) but the ally mug is IMO a bit flimsy compared to other mugs i own. The height of the bottle makes it impossible to use in a standard '58 pouch (i dont use the webbing just store stuff in the pouches) so i either have it in a pack sidepocket or leave it at home and use something else. I beleive these were marketed here as "pilots flasks" at one time, which was how mine was described. I didnt get it from hoods but have used them for other stuff and found their delivery times (after payment clearance) crap.

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
They're not a bad mug/bottle combo, but the older version with the oval mug and cork-stoppered bottle is better IMHO (or at least for what I use it for: keeping my grog). I've ordered from Hoods before and the service was adequate.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
I'm afraid I'm a big fan of military Mart - their prices are good in my opinion, and I've never had problems with delivery times. As far as shipping is concerned, they seem pretty reasonable when you buy lots of stuff from them in one go! My most recent purchases included a Polish Army mattress and a US Army cot - both excellent value. The cot in particular looked new and is rock solid compared to other designs out there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE