Happy solstice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Hope your summer is a pleasant one :)

" It is at Midsummer that the Sun King is at the peak of His power".......
Above is the note for today from my Pagan diary..... The rain is horizontal and it's blowing hard from the South West, but at least the rain is slightly warm rain, so I return your good wishes Xylophile..
lol-030.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You should see the crop of wild strawberries I have though :D
A delightful treat and enough for syrup to mind Summer in the depths of Winter too.

M

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Wild Strawberries!...
eating-43.gif

There's a very small patch at the edge of the wood but I'm lucky if I get 3 fruits, the local Mice/Voles are all thieves...
lol-025.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you can take a few of the little runners, and get them sited in a patch that gets Sunshine at least part of the day, they'll produce dozens :) I let mine ramble along the gravel path, under the rhubarb and beside the pond. I get maybe a pound weight a couple of times a year from them, as well as the happy munchies as I pass by.
They're no bother, they uproot to weed out easily, or to tidy up in late Autumn, just leaving enough to spread out again in Spring. The taste though :D big ones have nothing on these little flavour explosions :D

This was my original syrup thread from a couple of years ago.
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110435

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE