Happy Customer

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`d just like to give a big fat thumbs up for Tamarack Outdoors who I took a drive over to see this afternoon :drive:

I went hoping to get my mitts on a reduced Swazi Tahr but hard as a tried I couldn`t squeeze my slender frame into a size small which is all they got left to clear I believe :( After a great chat and checking out a number of other tops I settled on a Country Innovations Kestrel smock ... http://www.countryinnovation.com/store/kestrel-smock-p-1.html.

The knowledge and advice offered was second to none and I left a very satisfied customer :approve:

For anyone who`s in reach of Preston should definitely take a visit.

I`ll get my act together soon and do a review of the jacket for those who are interested.

http://www.tamarackbushcraft.co.uk/

MODs: If this is not in keeping with the rules please delete

Rich

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.
They really are an excellent company - I spend hours in there when I have the spare time and they are happy to let me do so.

Did you get your discount from them? BCUK full members get a sizable discount.

JimmyT

Tenderfoot
Mar 13, 2008
Relocated to Sweden
Could you post a review of the Country Innovations Kestrel Smock when you've thoroughly road tested it?
I think it's probably top of my list for jackets I probably don't need but will probably buy.
Looks better than that Swazi Tahr effort with the added bonus that you don't look like a complete nana in it...

My hunt goes on for a 3 season (i.e. excluding UK Summer) jacket which doesn't boil me alive.
The latest failure being my Fjallraven Hunter Hydratic.
I must be one of those people who 'run hot' as once round a field and I'm pouring sweat and carrying whatever damn jacket I was wearing.
Ventile may be the answer - but what is the extra second waterproof layer they've added? - Probably something to make me sweat I suppose...

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Could you post a review of the Country Innovations Kestrel Smock when you've thoroughly road tested it?
I think it's probably top of my list for jackets I probably don't need but will probably buy.
Looks better than that Swazi Tahr effort with the added bonus that you don't look like a complete nana in it...

My hunt goes on for a 3 season (i.e. excluding UK Summer) jacket which doesn't boil me alive.
The latest failure being my Fjallraven Hunter Hydratic.
I must be one of those people who 'run hot' as once round a field and I'm pouring sweat and carrying whatever damn jacket I was wearing.
Ventile may be the answer - but what is the extra second waterproof layer they've added? - Probably something to make me sweat I suppose...

It is warm with that other layer if you're exerting yourself a bit.
But I run hot also and sweat just walking upstairs.

I would like one without the w/proof layer though.

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
Shewie I would also like to second your comments about Tamarack Outdoors I have bought a few things from them, and have all ways found them very helpful.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Yep, Tamarack are brill, excellent customer service, great staff, cracking range of gear and the courses are great too.

No I dont work for them, just very happy customer.
I have bought both me the misses and our daughter a lot of our gear from them, excellent every time.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Always, had great service off them too, but as its nearly a two hour round trip don't do it too often.

Sadly, a friend of ours has just moved to Garstang and lives 5 minutes from the shop, so I will no doubt give the wallet a bashing more regularly from now!

Simon

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
Never had the pleasure of visiting the store but have bought from them on several occasions and their service is outstanding!!

A refreshing change from alot of other online companies!

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
On the strength of this thread I decided to pay them a visit today – and was very disappointed. Disappointed, by my Vauxhall's built in satnav that took me to the corner of a muddy field some miles from the shop, but once I’d driven through a river to get there, the shop is great as are the people. I was greeted as I walked in by the bloke who’d talked me in on the phone, like a returning shot up WW2 bomber, where upon a brew was put in my hand, I was told where stuff was and left to play.

You know when you go into most camping shops and every section is full of rubbish except for one cracking piece of kit – Tamarack stock that piece, and one just as good you’ve only seen on the interweb, and one you’ve never heard of. The staff really know the gear because they use it all, not because they’ve done the features and benefits sales course, and they have sensible things to say.

There website is in the process of being redesigned which isn't a bad thing, but other than that and my car, an all-round great experience, I’ll be going back with a shopping list soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE