hanging from NW London

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

palace

Forager
Mar 4, 2011
NW London England
I joined this site yesterday, I love sleeping in a hammock

A year or so ago I started taking my eldest Daughter, son in law & 2 grandchildren, my now 16 year old son & his girlfriend plus a friend & collegue (my shooting mentor) with his wife & 3 boys with the occasional visitor.

Because I snore I bought a DD hamock with XL fly sheet, so I could be a snoring distance away.

At the moment the rest sleep in tents though my friend has bought the same kit as me and a boys weekend looms with a few likeminded friends from work.

When camping we cook exclusivly on a log fire, as part of the project the children with the exception of my 3 year old grandaughter the rest being aged 7-12 (my 16 year old is 6'2" no child) are being taught the correct & safe way to use axes & knives etc.

I include a photo of my set up without the fly, I trawled the internet before purchase including this site.

you may notice my imediate mods, reduced tape/rope on hammock to 12" circle tripple fishermans knot enclosing 2" stainless ring 10mm thick, lighter than most krabs.
Then karrabina to 5 meter "treehuggers" made from 1" tie/lash down tape breaking strain 3400 lbs for a single tape then all is sewn with the same stretch cotton as seat belts @ £3 a reel, 3 reels per side 6 reels in total. I weigh 280 lbs so I take no chances of providing hysterical laughter to the assembled if I was to end up on my butt.
palace2009
[/URL][/IMG]
experientia docet stultos...
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE