hANDY sanding TIP

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Just a quick simple idea I thought was worth passing on. I disposed of my astra a while back, and was intending to get rid of the floor mats. But I had cut some of them up with a view to using small pieces to make mice and rat lures for pike . But while I was doing some sanding on an odd shaped piece of wood that was soft and I didnt want to dent it on the vice, I suddenly thought I'll use one of those squares of mat to stop the work sliding around. It works a treat, the rubber grips the table solidly, the velcro type surface grips the wood without marking it. Result made the work much easier, cost nowt, saves wear and tear on table and my hands. I might make some bench hooks with curved recesses and line them with pieces of mat. If its been done before, well nothing new under the sun....:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Neat :approve:
I have offcuts I was about to bin (I made a lined bag to carry a coleman lantern with the camping mat as the stiffener and padding) too.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE