Handmade pukko buying -Luosto area?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
I’m going to Luosto in December, and I have always said if I go to Finland I’d like to buy a custom knife. Are there any knife makers in this area?

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
There is a shop selling locally (or not too far away) made puukkos right at the Luosto hotel area. More in Sodankylä that is fairly close. Carbon steel blades only when I last visited the place.

While genuine articles are sold, there are also some touristy stuff that is for looks only. So some care is needed when choosing.

Rickyd

Tenderfoot
Sep 15, 2016
Warwickshire
There is a shop selling locally (or not too far away) made puukkos right at the Luosto hotel area. More in Sodankylä that is fairly close. Carbon steel blades only when I last visited the place.

While genuine articles are sold, there are also some touristy stuff that is for looks only. So some care is needed when choosing.

Thank you for the reply, I’ll have a look now and see what I can find, do you know if it’s a quality blade?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE