Handmade leather tinder pouch

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Inspired by the recent thread about the Sami tinder pouch, I thought I'd do my own take on a similar sized one though, obviously from the photos below, a different design.

The pouch is approx 9 cm x 8 cm x 2 cm (3.5" x 3" x 3/4"), so will fit into the chest pocket of most shirts, and is made from a one-off hide from Le Prevo (not to be repeated) and gives the pouch a lived in, rustic look, which soon polishes up beautiful ‘old leather’ patina, as you can see in the Samosa purses I made from the same leather. The pouch is saddle stitched all the way round with undyed linen thread to contrast with the colour of the leather (stitching around the flap is purely decorative).

The leather has a waxy finish so is pretty water resistant (water runs off it when held under a running tap).

Front view, showing the bronze coloured (brass based) popper.

tinderpouch_01.jpg

Profile, showing the gusset, which gives the pouch its thickness.

tinderpouch_02.jpg

And the rear view.

tinderpouch_03.jpg

SOLD I'm looking for £12, which includes delivery to UK addresses. I'll take Paypal, cheque (with time to clear) or direct bank transfer.

Please PM me if you are interested,

Geoff

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
i'll take that if i may Geoff.

PM me your PP details and i'll sort it out now for you

cheers

Robbi

( PS, Geoff, i'm away over the weekend mate, if i don't get your details tonight, i'll do it on Sunday night, hope thats ok )

Last edited:

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
just wanted to say thats a real nice pouch
ake i ask how you added the gusset? completely off topic i know :)

It's added by sewing a long rectangular strip between the front and back pieces of the pouch (sewn onto the front piece first, then the back is added). Stitch line is marked with a pair of dividers, with stitch spacing marked by a stitch marking wheel.

HTH

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE