Handmade Bucksaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
This weekends project was a Bucksaw. Made out of an old cot, so tenon already cut. Wood is I believe Beech. I ripped a grove up the uprights to act as a blade cover when folded. Folds up nice and compact and works great! Blade is 21inch long. Will make a carry system next.

Top photo shows before blade grove mod, the twister bar is now an inch shorter to match length of uprights when folded. Five strips of inner tube hold it all folded tightly.

I have enough bits left to make another four so may well have some up for sale soon.......

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/802/bucksaw2.jpg/

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Very Neat Job ! Love the way it all packs together as one size. I started one months ago using two axe handles, but never got round to finishing it. I am inspired once again.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
like the idea of using pre morticed joints from the cot. I had a tinker with one recently using cheap rubberwood rolling pins from asda (88p each), and 16mm dowel. I liked the idea of it being round.
Might have a play with one like yours if you dont mind. Still got half a dozen hercules and bahco saw blades left.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE