Handles added. Dartmoor Blade Blanks For Project.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh

Ive made an aluminium finger guard and started on the bevels. Ive done one side at 11 degrees and starting on the other.. Sloooow going with the belt... Going to start on the nut to hold the handle on next. Not going at it all the time, the odd hour or so through the week.

cascare

Dec 10, 2012
Cleasby
Coming on well, when mine arrives back Im thinking of putting a nice wooden handle on, not decided what type yet though !!

I know its a sales thread etc but these 2 are now done ground to original spec (close as i can see)

will be back to teh owners next week

16251718_1593789920636076_2639918431085391881_o.jpg

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
What's the better grind to put on there Duncan considering its weight, thickness, material, etc? I've been told previously that quite a bit of material would need removing from factory grind to another. Thanks in advance as I'm probing my stock blade to be different than the stock Dartmoor I already own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I have bought one of the handle, blade and tube sets and after a fondle and a thorough review of my ability versus desire (zero V high) I've decided not to start this awesome project. I just wouldn't do it justice. Dies anyone want my parts kit for the original price?

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
1D669A28-1948-4CE3-AE59-50AB6781ACE0_zpszfhrogt6.jpg

6CEDBD34-1BC3-4A31-8725-7859DE07CEC9_zpszjsndrcc.jpg

ive been working on the nut and lanyard tube, stock bits from ebay, and learning how to make a thread on the nut.. im giving the sheath a go as well, i think it needs to be fairly robust as im keeping the saw back.. soma wood liner reinforced with jb weld

What's the better grind to put on there Duncan considering its weight, thickness, material, etc? I've been told previously that quite a bit of material would need removing from factory grind to another. Thanks in advance as I'm probing my stock blade to be different than the stock Dartmoor I already own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally I would go full flat to convex.

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
IMG_0102.jpgIMG_0102.jpgIMG_0103.jpgIMG_0101.jpgOk chaps we all know the finger guard are not available so have come up with a simple blanke design that wood cost around twenty quid in as if there is anough demand for them your would need to finish it either by removing metal from top of blade so it sit flat or adjusting the blank can also be ally which would cost less but only one or the other no mixed run any interest please start list
grummit 1ss

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
View attachment 43417View attachment 43417View attachment 43418View attachment 43419Ok chaps we all know the finger guard are not available so have come up with a simple blanke design that wood cost around twenty quid in as if there is anough demand for them your would need to finish it either by removing metal from top of blade so it sit flat or adjusting the blank can also be ally which would cost less but only one or the other no mixed run any interest please start list

I would be interested in one . Ally preferably . What other material are you offering it in ?

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Only stainless or aluminium but it has to be all the same so either steel or aluminium for the whole batch if there is enough interest to make it go ahead

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Ok it's not actually me making them I have been talking with Andy wood who would be making them he can also make the the top knots and lanyard tubes but only if there is a serficent number to warrant the set up

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
How are you guys coming along with these Knives? I'm looking for some photographic inspiration.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE