Hand Crafted Fan

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
Hi all,

Yet another bunch of pictures for me to bore you with,

This was my final piece for my A-level Design project last year, finally got round to loading the pictures on to my computer. It is hand crafted, materials used were Beech, Mahogany, Ply, Jelutong, Smoked Glass Style Acrylic and Aluminium. It is a fully functioning prototype and when it came to making my display board to present it to the rest of the school in our "design show" the Furniture Company Dwell, wouldn't let me take a picture of it in their shop to pretend it was a real consumer product (they were my fake clients) anyway enough of my rant...here's the photos. What Do you think?

img0580ba.jpg

img0581j.jpg

img0562a.jpg

img0566z.jpg

img0568sz.jpg

img0569cd.jpg

img0573xb.jpg

img0574d.jpg

img0575q.jpg

Bushcraftsman

Native
Apr 12, 2008
Derbyshire
I really dont know why they have all come out on their side but it is very annoying and I can't seem to change it! :rant: so Apologies!! :( you'll just have to tilt your head ;)

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Very good - way above my standard (I hesitate to use the word) - when I was at school we had one year of woodwork and I made a scissor rack, and a plant dibber

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
I think that is superb. It has a touch of a retro 50s look but given a twist through the use of wood and perspex.

BTW, Dwell must be barking. This is vastly better than anything I've ever seen in their shops. Having this in one of their shops would have been an improvement for them. They should have paid you to photograph there.

I'd be very happy to own your fan which is far more than I'd say for anything I've seen in Dwell....

Rant (also) over :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE