hand cleansing lotion 2-4-1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i bobbed into a well known highstreet chemists in town and picked up some Cuticura Hand Hygene Lotion for just under two quid for 100ml.....

....its the usual no-soap required hand cleanser with a hydrauic pump spray/ nozzle.....

....its alcohol based and FLAMMABLE so it could also double up as an emergency fire starting "solution" ;)

....oh and yeah its 2 for the price of 1 (90p a bottle!!) well for the next 4 weeks anyway

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
aye its from boots

the blurb on the bottle says:

'combines the germ killing action of a hand hygene gel with moisturising benefits'

'fast & effective - kills over 99.99% of germs within 15 seconds' (its antibacterial)

'contains moistursers' (wow - great :rolleyes: )

'leaves hands feeling smooth & refreshed without any stickiness' blah blah

it aint sticky but u can 'feel' that its on ur hands. smells a bit like shaving foam/ gel.

its not a mist spray but its squirts out as a light blue gel. u jus rub it in and voila...germ free, non sticky hands....oh and lovely and moisturised :D

i aint tested its flammability yet....might not go down too well in the office.

ps. i aint a pyro but i do have a degree in fire science!!

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i wasn't even looking for this particular added bonus

i'd seen that steridex cleansing gel on the web but this stuff is far cheaper (for the moment) and more readily available given that boots' are everywhere

i'll be testing it out tonight and 'in the field' at the wknd

leon/ arctic: if ur after some n cant find at ur local store let me kno n i'll grab a few n post em out....hell i'll even let u av the p&p for free (if its a bottle a time) :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Alchohol cleaning stuff is a great way of keeping tummy bugs at bay. After a toilet session in Africa, it was compulsory to wash hands and then use the alcohol stuff afterwards in an attempt to combat D&V (Diarhoeah (sp?) and Vomiting). If you were seen to be avoiding this hygiene you got extra guard duties!! It worked, levels of D&V were very low, and washing of eating utensils and hands before eating was also compulsory and was enforced by our Sergeant Major.

I may have to get a hold of some for my bushcraft outings before cooking.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
food hygene is exactly wot i had in mind wen i went out to get something

but its also handy if ur out in the woods and need to make like a bear (if u kno wot i mean) ;)

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
Fenlander & I recently did a head to head comparing our hand cleansers for flammability. I have the Cuticura one, Fenlander had a Superdrug branded one.
Can't say we had amazing results with either although we both have had success in the past with a firestick. Ingredients appeared to be the same but the cuticura was much thicker. This has become a vital piece of kit for carrying at all times & is particularly useful after preparing game etc.

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
i did a bit of a flammability test...it kinda works. its not the best tho. really it needs direct and prolonged flame contact to work (ie a match)....but it does work. i'll experiment further this weekend by fine coating some feathersticks maybe....

....cheers for the tip hobo, it'll come in handy after making jambalaya in my trangia this wknd then!

Jul 22, 2004
Sevenoaks
Superdrug also does a small bottle of cleanser. Claims to kill bacteria and neutralises strong odors (tested on onion & fish) 99p a bottle 2 fragrances

Also in their range of travel minis they have just started doing pocket size bottles of sun tan lotion. Come in SPF 8 & 15 cost £1.49

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Lunty said:
Superdrug also does a small bottle of cleanser. Claims to kill bacteria and neutralises strong odors (tested on onion & fish) 99p a bottle 2 fragrances

Also in their range of travel minis they have just started doing pocket size bottles of sun tan lotion. Come in SPF 8 & 15 cost £1.49

i use the superdrug wash regularly. works a treat with a fire steel. main method i use to kick start the kelly kettle.

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Just bought some. It's 1.19 down our way (good old devon :rolleyes: ) but it seems good stuff. Not amazingly flammable, and because it's alchohol the flame is invisible - I burnt myself the first time I lit it (not on the office desk, honest). It does seem good soap though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE