Hampshire meet

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
I expect the old guys around the corner are still about for logs but I expecthink there'll be plenty of dead fall to collect

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
All packed and ready to chuck the kit in the jeep later when it dries up a bit :)

I'll have a couple of spare mora clippers and mora bushcraft forest, and a svord peasant folder to move on if any one is tempted, and a spare cooking pot too !

Some guidance from Andy re arrangements to keep in mind please :) :-

No felling of trees !
Spread ourselves out well when setting up our sleeping arrangements, there's a whole wood to use if wanted so no need to be jammed together.
Similarly, don't set up next to or on the main camp fire area, although it's tempting as there are some reasonably clear areas there, leave it clear for access and daytime/evening use.
There is some hazel and vegetation that screens the camp fire area from the public footpath that runs behind, please don't cut anything from that so as to keep the screening intact as far as possible.
If the odd hazel rod is needed the best area is along the edge of the field, although be sparing and don't cut lots from the same stool.

Think that's it, should be a fun weekend, once the rain stops ! :)

Cheers, Paul

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
All set up at camp, some wood cut and chopped and fire on, time to relax now :)

Ryan arrived same time as me, no sign yet of Matthew and Pete.

Cheers, Paul

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
Crikey! That's enough wood for the weekend isn't it? Have fun and see you tomorrow 😀

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2015
United Kingdom
What a good weekend it was. Thanks to andy for allowin us access to his woods for the weekend. And big thank you to sean for the venison stew and the small dumplings!!!!! Home and now time to unpack :(

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
nice to see everyone.thanks to Sean and Andy.
3269c4dc1be03586dc80f337055bf20d.jpg

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
Had a great weekend, thanks to everyone for making it so good. My new 9cm exped was so comfortable I slept like a baby! Shame I need to get a larger bivi bag to get it in now lol

Stamp

Forager
Aug 26, 2010
Swindon
Only just, I nearly suggested a McDonald's on the way home but the wife has roast chicken on now so glad I didn't lol

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
A great chilled out weekend, good to catch up with everyone and to meet Ryan and Matt (hope Pete is recovering okay, let him know he missed a good one :) ).

Many thanks to Sean for the great dinner yesterday, and to Andy for the use of the site for the weekend, much appreciated.

Cheers, Paul

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE