Hampshire meet 20th - 22nd April

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Just orderd mygrub from here
http://www.lookwhatwefound.co.uk/Page/ProductsByCategory.aspx?CatID=0

Whats the game plan Sat night regarding food do we all bring somthing for the pot to make mixed pottage and if so what should we bring?

Are we digging a toilet pit for the weekend of just crap where we like type thing?(Certainly going to be a new experince for me having a Alfresco Dump)

Also i take it most will be under tarps but since I still havent got around to getting paracord yet for mine I will probably bring a small 1 man tent since not sure my huge sleep matt even fits in my bivi bag yet.

Last edited:

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
Also i take it most will be under tarps but since I still havent got around to getting paracord yet for mine I will probably bring a small 1 man tent since not sure my huge sleep matt even fits in my bivi bag yet.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I think I offered to lend you some bits previously, i can't remember what it was you needed, bungees or something, but if it's just paracord that's no problem either.

bushwacker bob

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
I think my tarp and hammock are being borrowed for the event by Hawkwind junior so I will be in a bivi bag. Saturday night will be a mixed meat based stew. Wait until closer to the time when we have confirmed numbers but I should be able to provide most of it.

Beer or other intoxicants are obligitory.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Grendel,

you seem to be a little pre-occupied with the pooing aspect of the weekend,...

for me, this is normally a very small part of the adventure, but hey,...each to their own,...hahahahaha

ps, if your mat is too big, leave it on the outside of your bivibag mate,...

and as already said, if you need owt beforehand just say,...i have a spare everything,...

i will be bringing the dutch oven too,..so whoever is on stew duty is welcome to that,....

last time i cooked Southey, Loius and i ended up sharing a carbonised lamb chop and a giant pan of sadness,....

its a nice wood, especially this time of year,....

ive started packing just now,....

Cheers

Stu...:)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
cool yes to the tripod Shaun,

Grendle bring your tarp, mat and bivvie too matey, I'm sure we can get you set up.

Ill get some veg for the stew too.

Remember to bring your water with, as non in the woods. :)

Last edited:

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
I think I offered to lend you some bits previously, i can't remember what it was you needed, bungees or something, but if it's just paracord that's no problem either.

I thought you may of but lost track of who said they could lend stuff. I have Tarp, bivi bag, army sleeping bag and infaltable sleep matt so bungies & paracord would be great please so that way i have a roof over my head

Grendel,

you seem to be a little pre-occupied with the pooing aspect of the weekend,...

As for the concerns about dumping outside unfortunitly i suffer from stomach problems which means if i need to go i need to go if you get my drift so it always plays on my mind.

Last edited:

9InchNinja

Settler
Feb 9, 2012
PE1
Gonna pack my gear tonight - just moved house though - I think the missus has hidden it all in the loft!

Although, on a more positive note, I did find a US army cot-bed thing in the cupboard of the new house, so I'll be sleeping on that! Just need to get myself some paracord and more bungies and I'm good to go. Still undecided on what sleeping bag to bring. I've got a german paratrooper one, or some godawful thing I got from Costco

ETA: What should I be bringing, nosh wise? I'll make sure I get some alcohol, any preferences?

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Will pack tommorrow to see if I have everythng. :confused:

So who is going Friday night or Saturday Morning and can they help me put up the tarp since i wont have a clue. I'll bring the tent as well.

I presume i wont need the hand saw or axe since others will have them. And it will just be bring food water somthing to sleep in and jerky?

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Youll only need your hand saw and axe if you want to use a hand saw or axe chap, :)

No worries with setting up matey, me and Stu will be there by 1500 Friday afternoon not sure who else is arriving when though,

I wont be taking part in the joint stu, so someone will need to bring some veg:p

Have fun

Dave,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE