Hampshire Bushcraft Weekend 23rd-24th July 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
really good, there are some field areas and some nice little woodland sections, they are happy with you having fires as long as they are off the ground, we took a fire pit but they rent them out for £4 a night so great if your hiking the purbecks and want to turn up and camp. we were unlucky in that there was a festival on in nearby fields so there was music thumping out the whole time but on your average weekend it would be very peaceful, people tend to camp on the field so if you pitch in the woods like us you can be away from the crowds. it is definitely my new favourite campsite, they also have showers so even my misses would go there! (she won't camp without all mod cons) I still long for permission to camp in private woodland so I really feel like I'm in the wild. without stealth camping where your worried about getting busted this sort of campsite is the next best thing.
5ec15bb7-28bc-58b3.jpg

RachelUK

Tenderfoot
Jun 19, 2011
Hampshire
Damn I would have come to this - sounds awesome. Busy this weekend though and sounds like you had to cancel.

I would be interested to know what that campsite was called that you went to that allows fires, sounds really fab.

Cheers.

gregor-scott

Nomad
Apr 26, 2010
bournemouth
Hi RachelUK, it's not this weekend it's in July, there's still a chance it could happen, just need a handful of us so it makes the cost worthwhile, otherwise we can still meet up but maybe not hire that site.

The name of the campsite was Burnbake campsite, it's near studland, just the other side of chain ferry from Poole to the purbecks.

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
Beaten to it by G-S.

Don’t worry I haven’t cancelled it yet but we do need more people since with just 4 of us it will be £50 a head so it's a bit steep. But if we don’t get enough people to make it financially viable by the end of the month I will cancel the Airsoft site so the owner has time to rebook. But if it does all go tits up the site in Studland that G-S used looks like a plan. As long as it’s not the nudist beach by the ferry LOL

Last edited:

Grendel

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Southampton
The AIRSOFT site venue is now cancelled due to not enough numbers to make it cost effective. Thankfully the site owner was OK with it and has said contact him again when I get another group that want to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE