Hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
I did exactly that.

With regard to tying it up to the trees. Thread the rope through the huggers and secure with a couple of hitches or an evenk. Don't bother with the lashing that the makers suggest. I'm 15 st and it holds me no problem. Never ended up back on tera firma.

Mr_Rimps

Forager
Aug 13, 2006
Hampshire
falcon said:
.... what I do is take both straps from the hammock around the tree tieing the first part of a surgeons knot as you go (like a shoe-knot only with an extra twist) then back to the front of the tree on the hammock side and do the same again only this time finishing it off with the final part of the shoe-lace knot (reef bow)...adding a further half hitch if you wish.

I do pretty much the same Falcon. I just wrap the straps in opposite directions around the tree, no surgeons knot and then wrap both ends around the straps coming from the hammock, to bring them together, and finsh off like tying shoe laces. Never had a problem.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE