Hammocks, Snugpack any Ideas Folks?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marsbar

Sep 12, 2011
south west
Hello Folks,

After a night of Ticks on Dartmoor at the weekend, I have decided to get a hammock. Anyone know what Snugpack's new one is like? DD also looks quite good? Friend of mine has a Mosquito hammock which is great so another option? I need the mesh to be very fine as I hate getting bitten.

Your ideas are always good to hear.

Many Thanks

MB

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw the prototypes last year and they didn't look any different to a DD/Nomad Travel type, although they had paracord instead of webbing for the suspension which is a bit dodgy.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I had a Snugpak one - busted it on the first trip... paracord bites into trees - not very eco .... the mozzie net haners seem over complicated (why two rows of loops?) - basically I do not rate it at present and hope they modify the design....

Dr Onion

Forager
Mar 28, 2007
By Yon Bonnie Banks
My wife and I use DD travel hammocks and we both rate them very highly. Never had a bad nights sleep in it and very easy to hang. The midgie/mossie net is good too and seems to keep away the things with nasty big pointy teeth!

Cheers

Dr O

I use a DD Travel Hammock and Can't rate it highly enough, I've even upgraded the original Ropes to DD's Tree Huggers and Whoopie slings, Much quicker and easier to set up and they are lighter.

I dubiously added a Snugpak DD Underquilt, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be that effective and a wast of £75.
Glad I was wrong, it makes my hammock very warm, well worth the money (if you don't mind the extra 1KG weight)

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
+1 for the DD travel hammock. Quick and easy to put up, adding on tree huggers and caribiners make the process child's play.

Very comfy to kip in, double layer at the bottom for sliding in a kip mat/thermarest. The base is waterproof so it can be used as an excellent bivi when there's a lack of stuff to hang from.

garethw

Settler
I use a DD Travel Hammock and Can't rate it highly enough, I've even upgraded the original Ropes to DD's Tree Huggers and Whoopie slings, Much quicker and easier to set up and they are lighter.

I dubiously added a Snugpak DD Underquilt, I was a bit worried that it wouldn't be that effective and a wast of £75.
Glad I was wrong, it makes my hammock very warm, well worth the money (if you don't mind the extra 1KG weight)

Must admit I could have written this post myself as it mirrors not only what I've bought, but my exact thoughts on the gear.
cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE