Hammock webbing

Navek

Forager
May 25, 2015
South
Hi there can anyone surest the best place to get some webbing for my hammock from.. It have the dd travle hammock but I need to replace the webbing. I have a pair of woopie slings but there not really my cup of tea..I'm looking for some one 1 inch polyester webbing with a good kn breaking strain as I am planing on going strait from the tree to a set of decender rings at the head and foot of the hammock ..cheers

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have some webbing spare not sure of the breaking strain but it did come with a tenth wonder hammock so will be strong enough. I'll see how long they are [at a guess maybe 4m]. I'll swap for your whoopies if you want?

I'm in the process of trying different hanging methods to find which suits me better:)

Navek

Forager
May 25, 2015
South
Hi mousey I'm pretty sure the tenth wonder hammock webbing is the same as the dd hammock webbing and therefore is not to be used as a single length it needs to be doubled up (I sent an email to dd hammock )..the suspension I am try to get is the same as in the Ray mears hammock set up (on YouTube ) one single length of webbing from the tree to the rings ...cheers navek

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Hi mousey I'm pretty sure the tenth wonder hammock webbing is the same as the dd hammock webbing and therefore is not to be used as a single length it needs to be doubled up (I sent an email to dd hammock )..the suspension I am try to get is the same as in the Ray mears hammock set up (on YouTube ) one single length of webbing from the tree to the rings ...cheers navek

Not wanting to recommend something that might cause injury
But i'v got a DD frontline and a ray mears eco sleep and theres not a lot of difference in the webbing...i cant imagine me breaking a single length of DD webbing tbh

Navek

Forager
May 25, 2015
South
Not wanting to recommend something that might cause injury
But i'v got a DD frontline and a ray mears eco sleep and theres not a lot of difference in the webbing...i cant imagine me breaking a single length of DD webbing tbh

Hi sun dog. I thought the same but then I emailed them to check there in breaking strain and they advised me not to...however I'm sure there's plenty that do lol

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
You could use a ''Wild Country Cordelette'' and cut it into two (they come as a long sewn sling/loop for climbing, just cut it into two equal lengths for each end of the hammock) They are:--

400cm long (13 foot)
Lightweight at only 135 grams (that’s 67 grams for each end of hammock)
Very strong at 22 KN breaking strain (that’s 4,945 lb)
Dyneema so no stretch (no stretch preferable for hammocks)
They are about £23 (which means £11.50 for each end of hammock).

One Wild Country Dyneema Cordellete cut in two and a lightweight carabiner each end of hammock is all you need.

If that’s too dear you can buy nylon climbing tape, or tubular polyester webbing is quite cheap though heavy, if weight is not a concern ''LYON'' make long webbing slings 480cm which are a bit cheaper.

Wild Country Dyneema Cordelette:-

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalog...sy-Chains/Cordelette-WCO-CRDLTTE#.VWR2zFKE11U

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE