Hammock underbalnket recommendations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
I'm in the market for an underblanket , have looked at the obvious snugpak and DD products ( I have a DD camping hammock and tarp ) and Bopdude has pointed out snugpak hammock cocoon.

Any feedback on the above welcome as well as any other options .........

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Snugpack and DD are 'ok' good to somewhere around freezing depending how you sleep. The snugpack seemed the warmer of the two for me but the suspension needs a very simple mod to fuction properly

Down is king imo and i'd recommend scott at Bespoke ultralight equipment for anything hammock related.....scottyvonporkchop on here

Reactions: Scotty Von Porkchop

Madriverrob

Native
Feb 4, 2008
Whitby , North Yorkshire
Cheers Guys , Down would be my preference but I'm afraid having looked I don't have the budget at the moment.

Would be for UK winter use and I sleep warm and have a good sleeping bag. Weight /pack size not critical .

There appears to be a big price difference between synthetic and down ( as expected I suppose ). Maybe I'll start with a budget option and see how I go .

I've looked at Scott's work and emailed him . He's stopped selling on EBAY .

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I use a couple of wool blankets folded in half and some blanket pins inside a nva shelter half. Pin/button around the outside of the hammock. You can attch the foot end between the ropes so it doesnt slide down. And there you have a woolly windproof sleeping bag you can just slide up or down to get in or out the hammock. With no compressed insulation or cold air currents on your bottom. Whole lot costed me about 30-40 quid with the versatility of using the blankets and shelter half for the hundreds of other uses they have. Can be quite heavy though.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE