Hammock Showdown: Hennessy vs Clark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Sounds like you have thought about your particular requirements and picked the tool to suit. The only sensible way to make any decision in my view. Good luck with it and I'm sure it will serve you well.

I went with the WBBB after seeing how popular it is on Hammockforum.net (as the guys there are more experienced than me) and researching online so have not actually seen in front of me or sat in one yet. I do like the idea of the footbox and shelf (which I guess doesn't have to be staked out so tightly as to negate swing, or at all for that matter, it will still be there as a 'drop box'). I wear a Swandri jacket and or shirt and so in bad weather I carry a British army poncho which will double as a weathershield when slung underneath and I have just recently aquired a polycotton Tatonka tarp so didn't want to get an 'all in kit'.

If you haven't visited already, hammockforum.net is a useful site for tips and modification ideas and there are some very funny members there (I've just joined the forum and am not trying to sell it etc). This guys vids are great for tips, reviews and laughs. http://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery#p/u/11/d7NZVqpBUV0

Wonder whose hammock arrives first, probably yours I'd guess. Happy hanging mate.

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
Like Treemonk, I've had both an HH and a Clark, and kept the Clark (North American). I find myself needing to review the set-up instructions before every outing, but by the second or third night out it goes up and down very quickly. It's much warmer and more weather-resistant than the HH was.

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
I have a clark nsx 250 and i love it! My mate had a hennesy and could not get on with it (getting into sleeping bag and getting the thermarest under him was a nightmare) he then got his hands on a clark and he loves it. I Was thinking of getting a hennesy first because it was far cheaper but my wife got me the clark as a christmas surprise and needles to say I was chuffed!

okiekyle

Nov 27, 2010
Oklahoma, US
I know this thread is old, but the comparison in the first post is so good that I was hoping I could trouble the original reviewer (and anyone else who wants to chip in) for their opinion on the new HH hammocks with the side zippers.

Suppose you could have zipped open the side of the HH like on the Clark, would portions of your review been different? Do you think that would help with the difficulty/inability to maneuver in the hammock, get into a sleeping bag, use it as a chair, etc.?

I'm just now getting very interested in hammock camping so I have no first-hand experience with any good camping hammock. I'm typically not the kind who will buy something cheap to try it out and then upgrade. I try to do as much research as possible up front and get something I'll be happy with. As you might have guessed, I'm sitting on the fence between the HH and the Clark (which is how I stumbled onto this thread - immediately joined the forum just so I could ask this question).

My top three priorities are
1 - good night's sleep
2 - weight
3 - budget

I hear others say sleeping in the HH is just fine. I suspect this is a very subjective thing but I still welcome opinions.

Thanks.

K

kellyj994

Sounds like you have thought about your particular requirements and picked the tool to suit. The only sensible way to make any decision in my view. Good luck with it and I'm sure it will serve you well.

I went with the WBBB after seeing how popular it is on Hammockforum.net (as the guys there are more experienced than me) and researching online so have not actually seen in front of me or sat in one yet. I do like the idea of the footbox and shelf (which I guess doesn't have to be staked out so tightly as to negate swing, or at all for that matter, it will still be there as a 'drop box'). I wear a Swandri jacket and or shirt and so in bad weather I carry a British army poncho which will double as a weathershield when slung underneath and I have just recently aquired a polycotton Tatonka tarp so didn't want to get an 'all in kit'.

If you haven't visited already, hammockforum.net is a useful site for tips and modification ideas and there are some very funny members there (I've just joined the forum and am not trying to sell it etc). This guys vids are great for tips, reviews and laughs. http://www.youtube.com/user/shugemery#p/u/11/d7NZVqpBUV0

Wonder whose hammock arrives first, probably yours I'd guess. Happy hanging mate.

Thanks you for the post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE