Hammock line for Single Line Suspension

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jambo2kuk

Jun 15, 2015
United Kingdom
Just taking a look on the dreaded eBay and found Dyeema Sk78 2mm for reasonable price. Just wondering if this would be sufficient for ultra light hammock suspension setup? Any thoughts? Cheers

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

jambo2kuk

Jun 15, 2015
United Kingdom
I weigh a little less than 450kg ;-) but was just concerned with angles from trees to hammock etc. Might be worth a blast tho. Cheers

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I run my lines through hose pipe, protects the tree and stops my lines getting covered in resin (i normally camp in a pine wood) or ratchet straps

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I've been looking at that dymeena stuff. I might be a fat git but 450kg is something else! Might even become boot lace because currently it's 70kg para

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Doesn't seem bad that. Do I recall a group buy on here recently? I think I saw one

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Ah yep, i asked marlow about that. For some reason all the pics have the sticker from thier polyester throwline (83kg)
If its dyneema then its sk78. Any sk90 will be old stock as they dont make that thread any more

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
well, amsteel really doesn't like knots.....but knots can also severely (maybe half) reduce the breaking load of cordage........but i'v hung from 550 paracord......bloody hell does it stretch though

S'up to you dude. What about 3mm dyneema, you aint never break that and it can the knotted, nice and easy to tie too

jambo2kuk

Jun 15, 2015
United Kingdom
All much of a muchness in price, might try to find a ship chandler in Swansea to see what they stock. Just dont wanna have to 1 land on my **** or 2 spend a wedge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE