hammock hanging

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i can't speak for anyone else, but the tape on my hammock is 25mm climbing tape i got in tiso. (they sell it by the meter so i got the exact amount i needed)

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
Rope is bobbins, it is liable to stretch and can damage the tree (I am sure I will be proved wrong on these comments).
I purchased extra tubular webbing to use with DD hammock (of ebay) from the same seller. I purchased another 10 metres to attach to the karabiners.
Other members have used climbing slings, just get large ones and unpick the middle stitching out or use cordura webbing.

led

Settler
Aug 24, 2004
uk
Tubular webbing can be bought from any climbing shop. Whether you can get it in suitably muted colours is something else though! As for a daisy chain, it would be OK, but I can't see any great advantage to using one really.

Elliott

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2004
Dorset
Squidders said:
Go to a scrap yard and get a few seat belts and sew thends to make a loop at each end.

v.cheap solution!

I did just this last week and the guy gave it to me for free (I`m all for recycling).
He asked what it was for, which I guess he needed to do incase I was planning to use it as a seatbelt for some project, but did not bat an eyelid when I told him it was for a hammock.

Elliott

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
led said:
Tubular webbing can be bought from any climbing shop. Whether you can get it in suitably muted colours is something else though! As for a daisy chain, it would be OK, but I can't see any great advantage to using one really.
Was thinking the daisy chain would be easy to adjust, sling larksfooted round the tree then a daisy chain sling to clip the hammock on to.
Would avoid the problems of tying knots in the sling which are always a pain to undo. Another advantage could be with the loose bit of sling hanging down it may divert the water away from the hammock too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE