Hammock chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jazz006

Jun 7, 2013
Dundee
Hi guys, I'm looking for recommendations for a hammock chair, now I have looked at tw lightweight and ukhammock edc and the problem I have is they say the max weight is only around 80-85kg I need something around 100kg. I know dd have a new light weight hammock out but I would rather not spent all that money.
Thanks
Jazz

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Can you live with a couple of hundred extra grams? The TW XL is an excellent hammock for both sleeping and using as a seat. If you've got a set of whoopie slings already the weight will drop right down.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Was really looking for something lightweight that I could put in a pocket or small pack

My XL plus crabs, whoopies and tree huggers goes down to the size of a Nalgene. Not quite a pocket maybe but pretty compact.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Was really looking for something lightweight that I could put in a pocket or small pack

I have the EDC hammock from UKH and it will easily take 100kg. They are just probably been over-cautious with estimate.

I am just under 15 stone and it's been fine with me. You should however swap out the line they use for suspension and instead use a couple of whoopies/straps like on a real hammock.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE