Half of a copper bucket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
I was asked to make a wall mounted trophy for a bicycle race called the "Jack &Jill Race" so we decided on a hammered copper bucket. Started with 1 1/4" copper pipe and some steel rod for rivets.....here's what I came up with so far.

aza2ype8.jpg

e6e5e9ys.jpg

ysu8y4uj.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice work Sir, looking forward to seeing you plug the "hole in yer Bucket", are you going to braze the bottom on?

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Yes it has a brazed bottom, it will also have mounts brazed on to attach it to the plaque.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It looks really good, and it's a cool idea for a race so named :) Excellent trophy and not just different, but 'right' :D

The housewife in me though, she's saying that it's going to be a beggar to keep clean......do the eventual winner an enormous favour and clean it up a bit and seal it with something? Wall mounted sconces can end up the repository of the most astonishing assortment of dross too, from flowers to keys to dust and debris.

cheers,
Toddy

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
It looks really good, and it's a cool idea for a race so named :) Excellent trophy and not just different, but 'right' :D

The housewife in me though, she's saying that it's going to be a beggar to keep clean......do the eventual winner an enormous favour and clean it up a bit and seal it with something? Wall mounted sconces can end up the repository of the most astonishing assortment of dross too, from flowers to keys to dust and debris.

cheers,
Toddy

It will have a coat of lacquer and will be kept at the store that runs the race. The store is immaculate so im sure this will receive a regular clean and polish.

Captaincrash

Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Finished and delivered today, the wood you see is in fact not wood but bamboo, the outside of the wall mount trophy is aluminum angle with copper tacks.
y6equren.jpg
7eqygy2a.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE