had a day in the shed,...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Bloody Hell you really have been busy lol, looking good as always!

The seax's are they going to be put into service or just looked at?

Dave

hey Dave,...

i think they are gonna be used,....the guy they,re for does spend a fair amount of time in the woods.,...

i just spent the last 2 hours on the big one ....5mm is one thick piece of metal i can tell thee!!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Saw you tonight Stu

I was at the top of Wrangbrook Lane waiting to pull out, cursing at all the ignorant drivers who don't let you pull out :)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
How do you plan on finishing it out ?

Other than "very carefully" :rolleyes:

well,.......hahaha

i have a big flat platen on a simple 4 inch belt setup,...and the belts up to 400 grit,....so half the works done there,...the rest,....by hand,....arghhhh! :(

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Saw you tonight Stu

I was at the top of Wrangbrook Lane waiting to pull out, cursing at all the ignorant drivers who don't let you pull out :)

hahaha sorry bud,...how far down the line were you????

i sit there half an hour every morning,.....

i cant wait to get in tho,,,,by the time i get there the coffee is calling,....lol sorry again,....

i,m in same time tommorow i,ll put your knife in my bag and ring you when i,m close,....

we could just to a "window down handover" if you want,...?...haha or the kettle is always on , you know that ...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
hahaha sorry bud,...how far down the line were you????

i sit there half an hour every morning,.....

i cant wait to get in tho,,,,by the time i get there the coffee is calling,....lol sorry again,....

i,m in same time tommorow i,ll put your knife in my bag and ring you when i,m close,....

we could just to a "window down handover" if you want,...?...haha or the kettle is always on , you know that ...

Second in the queue I think, blue Astra, mine wouldn't start this morning :(

You about tomorrow night, I could call round for a brew about 6 'ish ?

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Second in the queue I think, blue Astra, mine wouldn't start this morning :(

You about tomorrow night, I could call round for a brew about 6 'ish ?

nice one,...

it'll be more like 10 past , but yeah,...i,ll pencil you in to my busy schedule,..hahahaha

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
YAY! I made here matey, been having a monster pic posting session, I was lucky enough to win a little cracker of a blade from our Raikey, one of his Raikey neckers, so as requested by the big man this is what I did with it.

arrived looking great.
IMG01385-20110224-1140.jpg

So I decided to rust it a bit over night in the airing cupboard wrapped in a dog poo bag(unused) that i had sliced and wetted.
IMG01390-20110224-2031.jpg

which did this to it(clearer in later pics)
IMG01391-20110224-2038.jpg

Ended up quite nice.
DSCF3728.jpg

DSCF3727.jpg

DSCF3721.jpg

DSCF3725.jpg

It is a great little knife, takes and keeps a razor edge, it's now the knife we fight over most when were making tea, as Wifey and I both want to use it! Cheers Stu your knives are brilliant.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE