Habitat with most odds off obtaining all your wild food needs in the U.K.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Fergus the forager made loads of it
Yeh iv read a lot off his stuff on his website he Makes leafu look very palatable pure protein without The stomach destroying insoluble fibre that we carnt digest or obtain nutrients from how did your batch taste?

n00b

Forager
Aug 7, 2023
-
They stole the idea from some parrots that invented it.
Parrots also invented language. Little known fact that we parroted them before they parroted us. One of the more cruelly ironic names humans have given to things

Reactions: Poacherman

n00b

Forager
Aug 7, 2023
-
Yeh iv read a lot off his stuff on his website he Makes leafu look very palatable pure protein without The stomach destroying insoluble fibre that we carnt digest or obtain nutrients from how did your batch taste?
The first batch tasted only faintly of nettles, surprisingly tasteless as I think Fergus said. Like tofu. The second batch (pictured), which I pressed more water out of, tasted of nettles and seaweed but not strongly. I have quite a high tolerance for unpleasant flavours so I may be understating it

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
The first batch tasted only faintly of nettles, surprisingly tasteless as I think Fergus said. Like tofu. The second batch (pictured), which I pressed more water out of, tasted of nettles and seaweed but not strongly. I have quite a high tolerance for unpleasant flavours so I may be understating it
Sounds good your experiments are interesting iff only off we could extract fat from leaves that be awesome plus a few game animals.

n00b

Forager
Aug 7, 2023
-
I did feel slightly ill after eating it each time, but that was nothing to do with the taste. I have two possible explanations: contaminants from the poured cement paving slab I mashed them against or vitamin overdose in combination with the vitamins I take (iron, multi, B12). Probably the first explanation is the likelier

n00b

Forager
Aug 7, 2023
-
Sounds good your experiments are interesting iff only off we could extract fat from leaves that be awesome plus a few game animals.
Well couldn't nuts supply enough fat? Or sunflower seeds? Rape? No idea about that. I haven't eaten meat in years. I might eat roadkill but would prefer not to hunt or fish if I can help it. Skinned a road-killed squirrel for its hide and wouldve eaten the meat if I knew it was safe, but wasnt sure. Any ideas there?

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
I did feel slightly ill after eating it each time, but that was nothing to do with the taste. I have two possible explanations: contaminants from the poured cement paving slab I mashed them against or vitamin overdose in combination with the vitamins I take (iron, multi, B12). Probably the first explanation is the likelier
Eat liver or pate the supplements are not very bio avalaible non heme iron is very bad for us i have no idea why cereal is fortified with powdered iron shavings basically have u looked into bentonite clay I healed a bad sternum injury "car crash"mixing it with full fat cream as a drink.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you want an alternative to meat, in the UK, by foraging, then you need to beat the squirrels to the nuts. Or you could guerilla plant beans and peas.

I'm an old fashioned vegetarian, I still 'food combine' to make a complete protein to my meals.
So, grains and nuts, or grains and legumes, or legumes and nuts.

We know now that the body doesn't need to get it all the bits of the protein at one sitting, but after all these years, it's kind of instinctive habit now.

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
Well couldn't nuts supply enough fat? Or sunflower seeds? Rape? No idea about that. I haven't eaten meat in years. I might eat roadkill but would prefer not to hunt or fish if I can help it. Skinned a road-killed squirrel for its hide and wouldve eaten the meat if I knew it was safe, but wasnt sure. Any ideas there?
Yes but cholesterol is important despite what others will say or doctors cry against, its converted to testosterone.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Eat liver or pate the supplements are not very bio avalaible non heme iron is very bad for us i have no idea why cereal is fortified with powdered iron shavings basically have u looked into bentonite clay I healed a bad sternum injury "car crash"mixing it with full fat cream as a drink.
Bentonite clay is used to absorb pollutants and toxins, to ease diarrhoea.....and make facemasks.

Did it not gum up your guts ?

Poacherman

Banned
Sep 25, 2023
Wigan
If you want an alternative to meat, in the UK, by foraging, then you need to beat the squirrels to the nuts. Or you could guerilla plant beans and peas.

I'm an old fashioned vegetarian, I still 'food combine' to make a complete protein to my meals.

We know now that the body doesn't need to get it all the bits of the protein at one sitting, but after all these years, it's kind of instinctive habit now.
Broadbeans easy to grow n v nutritous

n00b

Forager
Aug 7, 2023
-

Guerilla gardening is an idea. And surprisingly (though irrelevantly I suppose) there are still remnants - pathetic slivers - of commons where it remains at least technically legal. As long as the plants don't form a continuous barrier.

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
Actually removing protein from plants would be a useful process, as I understand it is not extremely complicated but not trivial either, industrial processes exist to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE