Guyot Bail

A little while back I had a couple of sheaths made by a friend, Marion poff, who lives in Idaho. When the box arrived along with the new sheaths was this, it's a guyot bail that Marion made out of some small cable. He was apparently glad I decided against asking him to make a kydex case for my guyot bottle and gave me this as a thank you......as I recall he also questioned my mental status at the time....but anyway...

This is how it came in the box

IMG_2716.jpg

This is how I tried it out.

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2721.jpg

IMG_2722.jpg

IMG_2723.jpg

I haven't boiled water in the guyot yet, I haven't had the chance yet, but I think I got a cool piece of kit...wish that happened everytime I change my mind about something :D

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Nice, I have had the same idea a time ago and I manage to hang a Snowpeak titanium pot exactly the same way. The more weight, the more stable it is.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Nice one Brian, I was just looking at mine this afternoon and messing around with bits of coathanger etc.

Flippin' genius. No drilling, no mods required, someone there has a very big brain indeed :)

Yep, that's what I like about it...no mods required...Marion is a pretty smart fella.

Nice, I have had the same idea a time ago and I manage to hang a Snowpeak titanium pot exactly the same way. The more weight, the more stable it is.

Yeah, I think the slip knots will work with any pot with a decent rim but Marion put the stops on there so it wouldn't come undone during movement.

Nice one Brian, I was just looking at mine this afternoon and messing around with bits of coathanger etc.

Thanks Shewie...got any old cable from a bicycle gear changer or brake cable laying around?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE