Gutted, tube welds just popped on my Exped

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I was just clearing some kit away and putting some air in my downmat before it goes on top of the wardrobe. It wasn't even half inflated when the welds popped either side of one of the tubes for about 6 inches, it's now got a huge great lump on one side now. I reckon if I sit or lay on it than lump will grow even more :(

Has anybody had any joy with Exped in getting them replaced/repaired? I guess mine is about 3 years old now.

Bad timing with winter on the way

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Bad timing with winter on the way

Or, perhaps, good timing that it happened at home rather than when needed ;)

I'm fairly sure I've seen stuff posted on here in the last couple of years and I'm pretty sure comments about their Customer Service were pretty good.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Or, perhaps, good timing that it happened at home rather than when needed ;)

I'm fairly sure I've seen stuff posted on here in the last couple of years and I'm pretty sure comments about their Customer Service were pretty good.

That's one way of looking at it :)

I've fired off an email to them so I'll see what they come back with. I've just been digging through my emails and it was May 2010 when I got it from Tamarack, courtesy of their £100 monthly draw that I won :) So it doesn't really owe me anything but I'll be gutted if it's destined for the bin.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Exped have a really good reputation re their customer service.

How long is the guarantee anyway ? My mat must be five or six years old now.

M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Exped have a really good reputation re their customer service.

How long is the guarantee anyway ? My mat must be five or six years old now.

M

According to their website it's 5 years on everything apart from their UL range which is 3 years.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Slightly wary of taking mine on TGO, but it's so comfy!

Ahh you'll be fine, which one have you got?

I went with my NeoAir short, one of the first batches too which had the reliability issues, it's still going strong today. I had the OMM mat too so I had something for my core if it failed.

If it comes down to it, you'll only need to make it Braemar and you can buy a new one :)

theoctagon

Nomad
Sep 3, 2010
Yorkshire
id have thought youd be on an xtherm mate.

Ahh you'll be fine, which one have you got?

I went with my NeoAir short, one of the first batches too which had the reliability issues, it's still going strong today. I had the OMM mat too so I had something for my core if it failed.

If it comes down to it, you'll only need to make it Braemar and you can buy a new one :)

I've the got the Synmat UL, I'm sure it'll be fine and as you say, if the worst does happen I'll manage!

Gleams

Nov 20, 2006
Romford
I don't want to hijack the tread but am looking for some advice.

I have a Snugpak Utility Pack which i use most days for work/shopping etc.

The zip to the main compartment broke. I emailed customer service at Snugpak to see if they could get it fixed if i send it to them. But i have had no reply and its been 4 weeks now.

So what do you write in an email in order to get such a useful quick reply or is down to the customer service department regardless of my wording in the email.

Failing that i will try to buy a zip the right length and try to fix it myself.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I don't want to hijack the tread but am looking for some advice.

I have a Snugpak Utility Pack which i use most days for work/shopping etc.

The zip to the main compartment broke. I emailed customer service at Snugpak to see if they could get it fixed if i send it to them. But i have had no reply and its been 4 weeks now.

So what do you write in an email in order to get such a useful quick reply or is down to the customer service department regardless of my wording in the email.

Failing that i will try to buy a zip the right length and try to fix it myself.

Unless you purchased it directly, the retailer is responsible for the pack. Ring the retailer followed up by a email. If they have a Facebook or Twitter site you will ALWAYS get the best response from there as they are publicly viewable.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE