Guerrilla gardening

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
This is one of the reasons I love this forum! All these funny, creative ideas people get. Guerrilla gardening! The name itself gives me a grin.
I´ve never heard about it until now, but I love the idea. I hope you are successful and wish you all the best of luck!

We never thought to ask, but what would you plant where you are living now ? Do things like our little wild strawberries and ransoms thrive there too ?

M

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
To add my two pennth ,I went through a prepping phase and wanted the garden to be edible but not look like edible apart from the herbs etc, I bought a lot of those James wong seeds,(but had poor germination). And what I found is a lot of stuff got hammered by slugs and snails and some didn't like the dry summer we had,so what got eaten a lot and what didn't thrive without minimal additional watering I pulled or didn't replant. Unfortunately the Wifes male continental x rabbit and its French lop female friend escaped their pen and totally decimated the garden including the lawn ,so I gave up.
But what about alpine strawberries or the native ones there really small so hard to spot.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
9267782121_c6d6445e68.jpg

9267783357_171691fbc1.jpg

They cover paths and burnsides here :D

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110435

Arya

Settler
May 15, 2013
Norway
We never thought to ask, but what would you plant where you are living now ? Do things like our little wild strawberries and ransoms thrive there too ?

M

Oh yes, I think most kinds of strawberries will thrive here :) During summer this place is like an oven, and the strawberries we had this year are without doubt the best ones I have ever tasted, in my life! We are definitely expanding our strawberry production next year.
This winter I am chopping down an area of trees (about 30x20 meters), to make room for a medium grow house, and a vegetable garden. I have a plan for it all, and I hope to grow a lot of herbs, spices, vegetables, berries, fruits and what not. I just need to finish mapping out the area and put order to it all.
And I really need to restrain myself, expanding gradually, so that I won´t end up like The Mad Hatter out in the fields...
My horses and chickens provide me with a steady supply of pooh, so I hope my vegetables will look like Arnold Schwartzenegger :naughty:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
This is one of the reasons I love this forum! All these funny, creative ideas people get. Guerrilla gardening! The name itself gives me a grin.
I´ve never heard about it until now, but I love the idea. I hope you are successful and wish you all the best of luck!
Well Fang you, Fang you very much...i cant take the credit though...it's been around for very long time now. Get involved...if you see a planter in someones garden that's looking a bit worse for wear....get in and sneak a few seeds in the thing under the cover of darkness. Beware of the Dog though..;)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland

Those look like ickle jewels of intense flavour happiness Toddy.
Despite being born in Scotlands soft fruit basket I wouldn't thank you for a normal strawberries. Smell nice but always a let down of the highest order taste wise. When wee wild ones though... Heaven, bit of fresh ground pepper on them and it's pure ambrosia. Also make the best strawberry & chilli vodka.
Sadly they're pretty thin on the ground 'round here, still heaps of wild rasps to stuff in my cakehole.:p
Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE