Grumpy?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Seem to be a lot of grumpy postings as of late - peeps seem to be more sensitive and quicker to judge.

I blame dark nights and dark mornings. (If I recall the same happened last year). Any tips to surviving the gloom? I guess exercise is a big one but finding the time in the week is tricky.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
SHUTUP!

Hahahaha sorry! yup I think getting out or if unable getting your mind tired, doing things and stuff to work your head muscle! I hit the gym but am lucky to have a free 24 hour access to ours, i also read A LOT! in the evening, turn off the tv, snuggle up with your loved one even if thats just yourself, get into the autumn winter pattern:D

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
SHUTUP!

Hahahaha sorry! yup I think getting out or if unable getting your mind tired, doing things and stuff to work your head muscle! I hit the gym but am lucky to have a free 24 hour access to ours, i also read A LOT! in the evening, turn off the tv, snuggle up with your loved one even if thats just yourself, get into the autumn winter pattern:D

Have you only just started this regime? Hopefully we'll all benefit from the effects soon - but I guess it's still early days ;)

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
hibernate,...that, or simply just keep your opinions to yourself! ,....jeeeez some people!!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
seriously though,..

my regime remains unchanged into the darker months,

i sit at my desk and stare out at the giant Hawthorn in the field across the road,

go home 4 hours later than anyone else,

As Shaggy says, it keeps me consistantly grumpy all year round,..

i try and use the weekends as best i can,...get a good 8-9 hours of daylight through the eyballs and enjoy being with the family

Last edited:

Wook

Settler
Jun 24, 2012
Angus, Scotland
We need more jokes!!!

Two engineers called Bob and John were talking.

Bob: "Do you know what happened to me yesterday? A woman cycled past me, jumped off her bike, took all her clothes off, and told me to 'take whatever I wanted'".

John: "What did you do?"

Bob: "I took the bike."

John: "Good call. The clothes probably wouldn't have fitted anyway."

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Seem to be a lot of grumpy postings as of late - peeps seem to be more sensitive and quicker to judge.

I blame dark nights and dark mornings. (If I recall the same happened last year). Any tips to surviving the gloom? I guess exercise is a big one but finding the time in the week is tricky.
Sorry!
I must get out more ....

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
We need more jokes!!!

This isn't a joke as such but it made me smile.

There is a farm shop and cafe near me who uses a blackboard by the side of the road to advertise their latest offers and suchlike.

The last one that actually did make me laugh out loud was:

"Pick up a tart"

Or maybe it was entirely innocent and I just have that kind of mind...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
just watched them destroy baba o'riley.....and i thought i was grumpy before, gonna go kick the dog now :eek:

At least it kept you consistent ~ and if your happy place is a grumping ground then all's well :D

P.S.

I liked what they did to baba o'riley :p ~ if nothing else, it's not CSI'd

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Can't say that I've noticed a grumpy tone of late.
I distinguish between

• somebody having a rant, which is declared as a rant eg Jonh Fenna and Youtube videos is the latest one I can recall - I used to quite like a rant myself sometimes but I find that since I retired I don't now feel the need anywhere near as much, and
  • people being rude/snotty when replying to posts
For me the first kind is ok and not 'grumpy'.

The second is not grumpy either, but it is rude/thoughtless.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
At least it kept you consistent ~ and if your happy place is a grumping ground then all's well :D

P.S.

I liked what they did to baba o'riley :p ~ if nothing else, it's not CSI'd

now that's the kind of logic that i like phil, although the dog's not too convinced :lmao:

and you're right, it is better than it being CSI'd

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
now that's the kind of logic that i like phil, although the dog's not too convinced :lmao:

Sorry Scooby :sad6:

and you're right, it is better than it being CSI'd

And ... removing the edit from the previous post :eek: ...

Where Everyone Knows You're Slain?

csi_danson_a_p.jpg

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....Where Everyone Knows You're Slain?

csi_danson_a_p.jpg

oh it's such a shame you're not at the upcoming PK weekend, i will miss your "humour" so much (it's been too long obviously, the pain has faded :):p)

p.s. is ted danson in CSI these days? if so is he any better than the smarmy looking git who used to be in it?

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Can't say that I've noticed a grumpy tone of late.
I distinguish between

• somebody having a rant, which is declared as a rant eg Jonh Fenna and Youtube videos is the latest one I can recall - I used to quite like a rant myself sometimes but I find that since I retired I don't now feel the need anywhere near as much, and
  • people being rude/snotty when replying to posts
For me the first kind is ok and not 'grumpy'.

The second is not grumpy either, but it is rude/thoughtless.

I think you're over analysing this - but by your definition then, what is grumpy?

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I think you're over analysing this - but by your definition then, what is grumpy?

I am not trying to analyse it - may well be that you have picked up on something in recent posts that I have missed and which (to me) is not 'Grumpy' but something else.

Anyway ...... as regards what I mean by 'grumpy', how about .... always looking for something to complain about, never see anything good in anybody or anything, always finding fault, looking for an argument, glass always half empty (or more usually see it as empty when it isn't) sullen, irritable, bad tempered, never helps anybody.

I haven't noticed this of late in the posts - but you may agree and say my definition of 'grumpy' is wrong.

And having met Shaggystu several times, I wouldn't describe him as 'grumpy' (as defined above) either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE