Grouse Beaters' Coat Slings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GeoffWood

Maker
Sep 30, 2008
Derbyshire
My first sales thread here but not much in the way of references (plenty on BB though)
For a few years now, I have been making these leather coat carrying slings. They have been mainly used by moorland gamekeepers and their Grouse beaters, who don't carry a backpack, but may need their waterproofs (at any time of the day!) They are in use throughout the Peak District as well as Yorkshire, Abbeystead and Scotland.
I sold a few on BB last year and they seem to be popular with hill walkers & bushcrafters alike.
No more wondering whether or not to take the waterproofs!
The slings are made from 3.5 - 4.00 mm oiled leather, with cast solid brass buckle and rectangles (for flexibility) all held together with brass rivets. The weight of the coat/leggings keeps everything held safely in place.
These slings have also been used as emergency dog leads, tool carriers and even to carry a Roe Deer carcass.
I guarantee they will serve you a lifetime (unless lost or eaten by the dog!)
The price is £23.00 delivered UK (no problem for overseas if the extra postage is covered) and I have 3-4 available.
(Please post in the thread if you want one) Please ask if further details are required.

Thanks for looking

(the top photo is my 20 year old sling)
CoatSling.jpg

CoatSling-1.jpg

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have one of these and it is a very well made and usefull bit of kit!
Excellent quality.
( I do not know Mr Wood,but wanted to add my experience of this sling. )
Chris.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I have a set of these and they are of the highest quality.

They are great for carrying lots more than just jackets,e.g firewood.

A great piece of kit.

Tom.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE