Grilliput

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Got mine in a trade on here, but like many found that the wires warped quite quickly and just isn't suited to anything larger than a very small fire. Then again many people love them so I guess you'll have to make your own judgement on that!

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
Looking at the pics on google it looks a bit fiddly to me to put together, but packs down small - I like the idea of the single tube.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
I have one (not use it in ages) and it's not too fiddly from what I remember. It is heavy though...

Ive not had any significant warping in the half dozen times I've used it but it does suit a smaller fire right enough

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I had one, used it once then gave it away, did'nt like it at all. Got mine in a sale at Millets, i got for £10, i think it was bushcraftman on here who had it.

Rob

Design wise it's a great idea - reasonably sized self supporting grill which packs down into it's own supporting cylinders, taking up next to no room in a pack. But...

The strength to weight ratio of this thing is rubbish! There are cheaper, lighter, stronger alternatives out there. I wish you'd asked the question before ordering - I'd have said stay away!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I tried one many moons ago and thought it was junk, I found a grill from an old bbq worked better and slid down the back of my pack taking no room at all.

Nohoval_Turrets

Sep 28, 2004
Ireland
I found mine to be impractical. Fiddly, not terribly strong, awkward to clean with all the loose parts. Heavy for what it does. Mine never warped, but it never got much use either. Gadget factor is high, but I think there are simpler and better alternatives.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE