Grenada Cocoa Plantation anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks absolutely beautiful :D especially in this dreich never ending gloomy rain.

I'd fry in that Sun though, and I'd be longing for cool and damp in no time.

Amazing price for a house, two cottages and 15 acres of organic chocolate producing land though, isn't it ?
It'd buy a three bedroom bungalow here.....maybe.

cheers,
Toddy

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Still ruled by Bishop's Marxist buddies - they have the real, local, power. I don't think it's a place to relax and feel secure just yet. A great shame as it looks to be a fine place.

As M notes above, it's amazing how quickly you come to hanker for our dreich maritime climate when you're away from it though.

craeg

Native
May 11, 2008
New Marske, North Yorkshire
Couldn't agree more about the climate. I visited there in early 2000 and the island was very poor but, cliche as it may be, the people were very friendly and they shared their grog and grub with us as we all watched the cricket.

Sadly a couple of years later they were almost wiped out by Hurricane Ivan.

As to the price of this property, it's amazing. Can our property keep going up as it is to way beyond the reach of normal people, I just don't get it. Will it go bang again? Capitalism eh :rolleyes:

I have tried to find a reasonably priced smallholding and convince SWMBO that we could live the good life. But tbh we would need to win a lot of cash before we could buy even a tiny 3 acre smallholding. Aye to dream.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
When you actually stop, step back and look at it the whole property thing is bonkers, we have just got used to it. There was a thing in the Guardian about how much London property is owned by foreign buyers as a bolt hole if they need it and how more folk are leaving as they cant afford to live in London. Which just pushes up prices where ever they go.
I know a few young couples who have only been able to get their feet on the ladder as parents have helped them, otherwise they would never have been able to buy, and thats in West Yorks, hardly Manhattan or Chelsea.
I guess every generation feels this,but I wouldnt want to be young now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE