Greetings from Warwickshire

Orca19

Oct 25, 2007
Hi all

Just a quick hello to all bushcrafters out there. I currently live in Warwickshire and have a little bushcraft experience ( but want to vastly improve my skills and this is a loooong road :). My day job is consultancy, so I don't get out as much as I used too, but have made a decision to get back to basics, so to speak.

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some areas either in warwickshire or the lake district that make good camps and don't mind the occasional (highly regulated!) camp fire?

Cheers

Orca19

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Welcome to BCUK Orca19 :)
In answer to your question. Have you tried looking at the Midlands meet thread? I think they meet just south of Coventry, have thought about it myself although I'm mid way between there and the Bucks meet but I work in Warwickshire.
I would say this is probably the best way to learn new skills and get to know where to go.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome!
I was down at Stoneleigh Park recently for The Outdoor Trade Show and slept in my van.
If you find somewhere bushy nearby let me know and I will use that as my base for the next show!
John

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hello and welcome Orca. The next Midlands Meet is in just over 2 weeks :D

John - the scout campsite we used for the very recent (and now up-coming) is just up the road from Stoneleigh.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Welcome Orca19,

Primitive fire is the most fun thing I know. Hope you find places to practice it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE