Greetings from Ontario

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello,
Just stumbled across your forum today.
Read through some back posts, was impressed by what I saw, so I decided to join.
My name is Thomas, I live in Ontario, I'm 36 years old and have been wandering around in the bush for most of those years. I am a graphic/product/furniture designer and I'm also doing quite a bit of writing these days.
I do lots of hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, climbing, camping. I am a complete geardo (frequent contributor to several military and outdoor gear forums) and have a keen interest in the subject of wilderness first aid, outdoor survival, primitive skills, that sort of thing. Knives of course, shooting, just about anything outdoors related. Oh yeah and I also love Lego :-D
So yeah, I look forward to contributing to your forum and learning from all of you.
Thomas the Gregarious Green Giant

Yeah I read through a bunch of back posts, saw some things that I thought "hey I know a bit about that, pipe up."
I guess being in Canada I have a varied perspective on things, knowledge of suppliers, manufacturers, etc. in North America that you guys over in the UK might not, so yeah, my thought is share some of that information.
And conversely, I found a few sites that people provided links to that I had never heard of. Cool stuff.
I was just impressed by the quality of posts on here, and the overall tone of the place. Seems like a mature crowd, didn't notice any peevish flame wars, just a love of the outdoors in all of its glory, and a desire to share ideas with one another. Nice.
Yeah Lego, the building blocks. It's one of my favoured indoor activities. Bit daggy I know, but I just find it a great mind exercise. It involves creativity, logic, problem solving, a variety of other things. I've loved it since I was a wee lad. Mind you it's not an obsession or anything, but every once in a while when it is a crappy -25 day, nothing beats spending the day with a massive pile of little plastic bricks and letting my imagination run wild.
I just wish you guys had a forum that allowed avatars.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
No it's not daggy at all.

I too have a small collect of technical lego from my child hood and on the rare occasion I have the time still mess around with it.

Anyway weclome again.

James

Andy

Native
Dec 31, 2003
sheffield
www.freewebs.com
ahh lego i think im closer to the days of reguar use then most here at a tender age of 18. i once made a four bar linkage suspension system to get my head round how they work. my big hobby is mountain biking with a bit of everything else thrown in

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE