Greetings from North Lancs.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
About time I said hello to all !

I was at the Bushmoot and had popped up on the forum just before but not done a proper intro.

I'm a 48-year old male, from rural north Lancashire. I was lucky enough to grow up playing in the woods and have enjoyed outdoor activities all my life.

An interest in traditional crafts, low-impact living and the environment has brought me to the Bushcraft scene quite recently. I've lurked on the forum a bit, but not posted (I'm not much of a one for banter, I prefer to 'do stuff'). I've only attended two Bushcraft events, the big show last year at Windermere, and the moot this year. I found both really enjoyable and rewarding, but in completely different ways.

I particularly enjoy the camp-craft side of bushcraft, and often cook group meals for the people I'm camped with. This year at the moot I fulfilled an ambition by baking my first loaf of bread in the woodburner I have in my tent.

I'm looking forward to the next opportunity to get out there and do stuff with like-minded people.

Oh yeah, my real name is Andy !

PS. Just re-read this, I've done loads of bread before, just not in a tent until last week..

Last edited:

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
Welcome from another North Lancashire local. Its a dangerous area to live with Tamarack and R.Taylor's within a short radius- went to buy some laces today and ended up spending £40!

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Thanks chaps !

Wayland - thanks for the pointer, I'll be looking at that Giants Seat meet. Seems a bit close to the M60, I hope noise isn't too bad...

Bowlander - I know what you mean, I was in Taylors today myself ! I'm only six miles down the road. I like to pop in every now and again to check what new gear has landed. I managed to escape with my wallet un-opened though. TBH these days I get more satisfaction from making/improvising than buying new kit. Always good to browse though to get some ideas and so on. By any chance do you know of the 'other' Middlewood ? I've done some voluntary work and courses there. Not sure if they've had any bushcrafters there but it would be a lovely location. I know the owner so might have a word..

Crosslandkelly - hi chap, thanks for putting up with me at the moot, 'twas a pleasure to have your company !

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE