greenlaning/bushcraft trip?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Wondering what sort of interest there may be in a greenlane/bushcraft weekend? I know there are a few greenlaners out there and Martyns L/R pics seems to be bringing out a few 4x4 owners!
Not thinking of anything too challenging, or too organised, just a start at wherever at whatever time and a rough idea of the type of terrain and maybe an overnight in the hammocks somewhere.
There was something similar recently on BB, has that happened and how did it go?
I just need to add that I am just judging feasability of organising this, and if it is feasible I would need some help with routes and areas, I have some limited experience on green lanes and off road driving, but not enough to "take charge" of a sizeable group!
And if anyone has any ideas of somewhere that may suit this type of outing?

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
sounds like a perfect combination to me - there are some good lanes in denbighshire and the rights of way officer seems quite easy going when i spoke to him.

count me in!!

be nice to see you again, goose.

Dom.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
yeah you'd be most welcome as far as i'm concerned - so long as there's a couple of "real" landrovers to pull you out when you get stuck :nana:

seriously though, fine by me :D

Dom.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
yeah you'd be most welcome as far as i'm concerned - so long as there's a couple of "real" landrovers to pull you out when you get stuck :nana:

seriously though, fine by me :D

Dom.

We'll see Dom :D I've seen video's where it was the other way around and the surf was pulling Landies out :p .

Saying that, I've just had new tyres on mine and they ordered in some semi off-road jobbies so I'm not up for much of a challenge :eek: :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Some great green lanes around here and I would love to combine bushcraft and green laning, esp if it means showing those toyota owners what a proper off roader is......:D

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
Here is mine

DSCF0001.jpg

some mods done, more to follow...

Dom.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
tsshk got quite excited then I thought you were on about two wheels!!!!
Green laneing in 4x4 what will you think of next?! Take it bikes cant come to play?
D:lmao:

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
goose will have to speak for himself, but i'm easy - pedal or motor? a triallie will get places a landy couldn't even dream of.... sigh.

i was a biker for a number of years - my last bike was a 1978 GS750 - glorious unfaired classic muscle :D

Cheers

Dom.

Sep 28, 2005
Sounds like a fine idea

iv'e got a couple of bit of new kit ive been waiting to try out

new hammock
A set of 33" mud tyres
and a 30 ton strop to pull stuck landy's out of puddles with (he he);)

only joking i'd love a landy but could never get all Mine & the wifes dive gear in the back
plus the surf smells so much better since i started getting the fuel from a doughnut shop. :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Thought this had died!
Anyone on or in anything would be welcome as far as I am concerned, all on own risk etc.
What area would people prefer and when? My preference would be North Wales but am open to trying out somewhere new. Problem I have at the moment is time, juggling work home and play! Play has been winning but wife has noticed:rolleyes:
As there are a couple of meets planned between now and new year,in the NW anyway, maybe January?

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Would be good as i could come out and show all you guys what a tarts handbag/ hairdressers car can do. My little zook vitara (unmodified) has got everywhere i have pointed it so far. It has got stuck a couple of times but the way I see it, if you dont get stuck you are not trying hard enough:D .
Greg

EdS

not sure about the Bushcraft side but I could organise a day out in the Dales no problem.

I can also sort out a 2 day job in the Lakes and we could pick a site somewhere. Or wild camp - depending on numbers.

i'll have to get the cars MOTed first though, so it is looking like the back end of Nov as I've a load of work to do on the 90. Or I can send some Memory Map overlays.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
I like the dales! Lake district would be good too, I want to expand my knowledge on areas too. I was thinking wild camping, but we may need permission somewhere any ideas or would fisherground, I think that was the site in the lakes, be in the right sort of area?

EdS

There isn't really anywhere to camp in the Dales that allows fires.

As for the Lakes it could be tweeked to find a nice spot or good site. Depends on numbers really. For wild camp I'd like no more than may be 4 people (mostly as the woods I know don't "allow" camping).

Another alternative would be a days laning followed by a days canoeing.

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
1978 Gs 750 that was when bikes were bikes fella...non of this heated grips pants!!!
Not been on the bike long after a break of 20years!!!
Just got a Hornet at the mo to 'learn on' but after a green laner at the mo as a second play thing. Dont tell the missus she's not chuffed already with the camper van and the van and the bike and .........remember the ty250 trail bike. Play on one of them from time to time right out the 80's retro is cooooool.
Sorry about the hijack and yes you wont get where I can go on the ty!!!:) You will just get there a week earlier!!!
dave

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Another alternative would be a days laning followed by a days canoeing.

I like the sound of that too, but how many have canoes and 4x4s? Would only be practical with two and kit in a boat, possibly three to a boat at a real push. Or maybe 4x4 in lakes and ferry across to an island for camping, don't know if that would work? Or there is Scotland but distance may stop me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE