Green woodworking weekend - 26 and 27 May 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Wooplaw Community Woodland (where the February skill sharing meeting was held) is having a two day green woodworking weekend, info here:

http://www.wooplaw.org.uk/?events=green-woodworking-weekend

Spoon carving, bowl carving, furniture (ish) making, all sorts of stuff, and an opportunity for a sneaky bushcraft meet?

You can make a shavehorse and/or pole lathes if you want, and you can book this via the site above. We already have a couple of people interested.

We're also hoping for a visit and demo from a Horse logger on the Sunday.

It's a 55 acre woodland, and camping/hammocking is available for those who wish to stay over.

Please let me know if you'd like any further info.

Cheers

Last edited:

bronskimac

Forager
Aug 22, 2011
Dundee
I was thinking of coming down to see the horse logging anyway. If there as few camping for a couple of nights, I'll be happy to tag along.

Davedon

Apr 24, 2012
Selkirk
I'd like to come along and meet some of you guys don't know about carving the only thing I've carved is the Christmas turkey and I make a mess of that but it will be a chance to try some of my gear.

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
Any chance of camping on the Friday too?

Definitely.

Dunno who will be there, and Friday might be quiet, but there are bound to be people staying over. You can camp up by the log cabin, in the campsite or wherever else you get your tent pitched.

Just remember drinking water, because Wooplaw doesn't have drinkable water.

Cheers

Ian S

On a new journey
Nov 21, 2010
Edinburgh
I'd like to come along and meet some of you guys don't know about carving the only thing I've carved is the Christmas turkey and I make a mess of that but it will be a chance to try some of my gear.

That's what it's all about.

Come along, wander round, watch, join in - it's all good.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE